[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have you not read "The Cantos" by Ezra Pound yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 269589.jpg (10KB, 269x400px) Image search: [Google]
269589.jpg
10KB, 269x400px
Why have you not read "The Cantos" by Ezra Pound yet?

Hemingway wrote: "The best of Pound's writing—and it is in the Cantos—will last as long as there is any literature."
>>
Because

>'Any good I've done has been spoiled by bad intentions—the preoccupation with irrelevant and stupid things,' [he] replied. Then very slowly, with emphasis, surely conscious of Ginsberg's being Jewish: 'But the worst mistake I made was that stupid, suburban prejudice of anti-semitism.
>>
File: IMG_0834.jpg (143KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.jpg
143KB, 750x733px
>>9619443
Saved this post about how to get into the cantos

Always meant to just never had time plus scary oriental letters
>>
File: mountainglobemallow.png (320KB, 720x640px) Image search: [Google]
mountainglobemallow.png
320KB, 720x640px
>>9619459
here, if you're really interested in reading the Cantos, have this.

https://mega.nz/#!QAAhnAKS!5tQFZX-jzRH3inSOg-rZZkWaE-3llEabt0LPG5WOYQE
>>
because literature is dead.

literature departments in academic institutions are the equivalent of respite homes for the geriatric and dementing
>>
>>9619588
p.s. take the red pill
>>
>>9619591
>redpill

you have to go back
>>
I am rereading Greek myths, the Illiad, Odyssey, Sappho and Hesiod. I've got an anthology of European poetry from the troubadours, truvers and middle ages. I have a book of Tao and Confucius, and Dante's Inferno. I have also got The Illuminations.

I will tackle the Cantos, so help me god.
>>
>>9619583
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9619451

>implying he's talking about his own bad intentions and that of the people around him
>implying he's referring to the cantos
>implying he wasn't senile by that point

and most of all

>implying the worth of work is in anyway related to the personality/life of the author or his own comments on it.

Are you ready to renounce the Aeneid just because Virgil thought it was shit and wanted to burn it?
>>
File: avedons_pound_1958.png (566KB, 914x557px) Image search: [Google]
avedons_pound_1958.png
566KB, 914x557px
>>9619443
Because they're garbage. Pound was the definition of a pseud.

If I was impressed by babby tier mathematism I'd be teaching high school calculus not reading poetry.
>>
>>9619669
>Are you ready to renounce the Aeneid just because Virgil thought it was shit and wanted to burn it?

Yes
>>
>>9619443
with usura no man hath a house of good stone

>>9619588
houellebecq is pretty good. there are a couple others. this story by some anon faggot a few days ago is good http://www.fluland.com/2017/06/07/ascendency-by-__________/

academic literature departments =/ literature lol
>>
bump I love Pounding ass tbqh
>>
>>9619797
>houellebecq is pretty good

he's not even literature. he's pop fiction you would buy at an airport to read on a beach whilst on holiday.
>>
>>9619669
>Are you ready to renounce the Aeneid just because Virgil thought it was shit and wanted to burn it?
JUST because Virgil thought it was shit? No.
>>
>>9620683
All you're saying is that he's relevant and successful
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.