[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books should I leave lying around my apartment if I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1496919080258.jpg (13KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496919080258.jpg
13KB, 418x405px
What books should I leave lying around my apartment if I want people to think I'm a super genius (not just normal genius)?

I'm thinking...
>Being and Time by Heidegger
>The Golden Bough by Frazer
>PhilosophiƦ Naturalis Principia Mathematica by Newton
>The short stories of Anton Chekhov
>Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
Book by Wittgenstein

What else?
>>
Have a Zettels Traums in the WC
>>
Finnegan's wake and Green egg and ham side by side
>>
>>9618968
Some modern books about about quantum mechanics (no pop science), Kant and Hegel in German and Tolstoy in Russian, so people think that you speak multiple languages.
>>
>>9618968
Leave Mundus Millennialis casually open on your browser so that anyone who sees it thinks you're depp and mysterious.
>>
>>9619037
>so people think that you speak multiple languages.
Genius
>>
File: IMG_0587.jpg (13KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0587.jpg
13KB, 512x288px
>>9619999

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!
>>
>>9618968
hegel and husserl
>>
>>9618968
Your own handwritten pro-pedophilia manifesto.
>>
On a similar note, what books should i leave lying around my apartment if I want people to think I'm an interesting person? I want to pretend to be a cool normie.
>>
Except that the likelihood that somebody will recognize those books, by those authors, as hot shit -- and they indeed are hot shit -- is laughably low. Your visitors will have no frame of reference to judge as to how well-read you are. Can't remember the last time somebody knew who Wittgenstein was and why his work is important.
>>
>>9620020
On the Road
>>
>>9618968
>a super genius (not just normal genius)
actual kek
>>
>>9618968
my diary desu
>>
>>9618968
Anything by Malcolm Gladwell.
>>
Hegel's 'Phenomenology of Spirit'
>>
>>9620029
I own that book and hated it. Thanks.
>>
>>9618968
Spinoza would be best.
>>
>>9619999
check'd
>>
Fuck that.
What books should I leave lying around my apartment if I want people to think I'm a simpleton?
>>
>>9620148
Clifford the Big Red Dog, Arthur, New Living Translation of the Bible.
>>
File: 1442912874682.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442912874682.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
The answer is obvious
>>
File: alphafrog.png (13KB, 677x459px) Image search: [Google]
alphafrog.png
13KB, 677x459px
if they recognize writer or work by name then its by definition entry level and unimpressive
>>
>>9620212
Depends on who "they" are. Are they college professors?
>>
>>9620219
this guy minimum
http://bactra.org/notebooks/
>>
>>9618968
If you leave Heidegger out I will assume you're a faggot, honestly. That's the type of person who would constantly make inarticulable appeals to ad an poetic bullshit every time we tried to talk about anything other than being in your everyday lifeworld. No thanks.

You're missing a Greek. Leave Plotinus out so people know you're not an entry level faggot that started with Germany and worked backward.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.