[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was she so sad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Clarice_Lispector.jpg (59KB, 550x683px) Image search: [Google]
Clarice_Lispector.jpg
59KB, 550x683px
Why was she so sad?
>>
File: Clarice Lispector, foto1.jpg (338KB, 1084x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Clarice Lispector, foto1.jpg
338KB, 1084x1600px
Women getting old is so fucking depressing. You just know that they identify with their appearance and their youth far more than the achievements and ambitions they pretend to have.

Women palpably feel like they hit their peak at 20 and then declined. What kind of life is that? Men can look forward to being a cooler and cooler guy until they're dead or senile. Maybe not in a physical domain, but in terms of accomplishment.
>>
>>9618008
Because she knew she'd go down in history as Brazil's third at best.
>>
shes pretty hot
>>
>>9618079
looks too south american for my taste
>>
>>9618090
what is your racial heritage please
>>
>>9618090
She was born in Ukraine.
Surely you mean "looks too fucking jewish for my tast".
>>
>>9618071
She was not really a Brazilian writer, she was Jewish.
>>
I thought she was Eileen Chang for a second...

am I raycist?
>>
>>9618103
So she'd go down as... lemme see, everyone who wrote parts of the Bible, Kafka, Zweig and half of Proust.
That's pretty worse.
>>
>>9618103
And she's also a Ukranian/Brazilian writer.
>>
>>9618008
She didn't feel sadness, just failed happiness.

>>9618090
Nice b8, m8
>>
>>9618103
lmao
>>
>>9618008
A Clarice costumava censurar a Lygia por sorrir demais. "Você tem que ser mais séria, Lygia!".

t. Nelson Rubens da literatura.
>>
>>9618066
This wasn't really part of her biography. She had a genuine, effortless talent and was elite. She was as great of a writer as she was precisely because she was melancholic.
>>
>>9618295
Except she did wrote the most joyful oeuvre you'll find in brazilian (or even sudaca in general) literature.
>>
>>9618008

Who is a good translator for her? I've only found Pontiero to be enjoyable out of all the collections/novellas I've read or skimmed, everyone else just makes it feel like she's untranslatable
>>
>>9618307
Melancholy and sorrow do not eliminate joy. They cultivate rumination and depths of feeling: high highs, low lows.
>>
>>9618393
Well, it does.

t. Bento de Espinosa
>>
>>9618008
she had bigger problems than being sad
>>
>>9618332
The ones published by New Directions are all great.

t. doesn't speak huehue
>>
File: ciGCYam.jpg (163KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ciGCYam.jpg
163KB, 680x1024px
damn
>>
>>9618491
that's not her
>>
>>9618008
the only verifiably hot female writer of quality literature (portraits don't count)
>>
File: 1465942822897.jpg (755KB, 3171x4117px) Image search: [Google]
1465942822897.jpg
755KB, 3171x4117px
>>9618008
lack of orgasms and other harmless fun due to lack of providers
>>
>>9618505
her body is disgusting
>>
Her books are literally the Wonder Woman movie of literature. Written to catter specifically to women, could never take her seriously because of that.
Would fuck her though.
>>
>>9619712
t. never read any of them tho
>>
>>9618103
Brazil is very multi-cultural, doesn't matter if she's jewish or not, she's still brazilian
>>
>>9620270
It's not like that. Italians, levantines and japaneses can be brazilians but an ukranian jewess has nothing to do with the country.
>>
>>9620316
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarice_Lispector

>larice Lispector (December 10, 1920 – December 9, 1977) was a Brazilian writer

Hmm
>>
File: 358205_full.jpg (71KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
358205_full.jpg
71KB, 674x1000px
why was she so happy and strong?
>>
>>9620316
>The Lispectors changed their names upon arrival. Pinkhas became Pedro; Mania became Marieta; Leah became Elisa, and Chaya became Clarice.

Lmao she even changed her name to be a little more huehue.
>>
>>9618144
Happiness is the lack of negative emotion.
You don't achieve happiness, you deal with your shit.
>>
>>9621846
he said shit so you know he's serious
>>
>>9618512
post nudes of yourself. Now.
>>
>>9618066
>women peak at 20
>t. underage dork
She's also substantially hotter in the OP
>>
>>9618103
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>9618512
Post your tits bitchboi
>>
>>9620327
Born in Ukraine and jewish, just because she lived here it doesnt make her brazilian. Respect my(brown) people. This shit really triggers me, another case of privileged white/jewish immigrants appropriating of the few benefits that being brazilian gives you in the worlds eyes, that is, being exotic.
>>
>>9620270
That's not me saying it, it's Brazilian critics themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_to_the_Wild_Heart

>Near to the Wild Heart was greeted as a revolution in Brazilian literature, though it was very rarely compared to the work of any Brazilian writer. Critics mentioned James Joyce, Virginia Woolf, Katherine Mansfield, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Marcel Proust, André Gide, and Charles Morgan. The reason seems to be that its language sounded completely un-Brazilian, as the poet Lêdo Ivo wrote: “Clarice Lispector was a foreigner. … The foreignness of her prose is one of the most overwhelming facts of our literary history, and even of the history of our language.”

Yes, Brazil is a multicultural country, and we are famous for making everyone assimilate into general culture, but even here Jews can't assimilate.

Actually, I'd say that exactly because Brazil is so multicultural and successful at assimilating foreigners, that Jews are even more defensive, even more mistrustful and hateful of goyim, even more insular in their culture.
>>
>>9621846
that was a citation
>>
File: nemirovsky.jpg (24KB, 262x332px) Image search: [Google]
nemirovsky.jpg
24KB, 262x332px
what's up with her /lit/?
>>
>>9622192
Take the redpill. Then you'll know. Fucking disgusting
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.