[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody read this? Opinions? I want to pick it up but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Eumeswil_by_Ernst_Junger.png (65KB, 220x369px) Image search: [Google]
Eumeswil_by_Ernst_Junger.png
65KB, 220x369px
Anybody read this? Opinions? I want to pick it up but can't find a cheap/free copy anywhere and am too poor to waste money if it's shit.
>>
It is shit. It tries to be borges. It isn't borges. Also it seems like it suffers in translation.
>>
>>9617884
got that (Eng. 1st ed.) in a s/h bookshop some 10+ years ago, worth a smallish fortune now.

it's not his best effort.

>muh too right-wing to be a Nazi, let me go my own path
>>
Telos is reprinting it I think. You might also be able to get it from inter library loan.
>>
>>9617904
false.

Junger was doing the magic realist thing before the south americans. this is not so well-known in lit circles cause >muh nazi shit.

as to their relative merits, that much is debatable, yes.
>>
>>9617884
Libgen, sci/tech section, pdf format, 1994 edition.
>>
File: 1486663042554.jpg (117KB, 2000x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1486663042554.jpg
117KB, 2000x1196px
>>9617884
It's his masterpiece, but doesn't make much sense to read without being familiar with some of his earlier works as it is too austere on the surface to get much from in isolation of the author's full context. Start with The Glass Bees maybe.

Be very wary of (((anyone))) who discourages you from reading Junger.
>>
>>9618652
masterpiece is a bit of a stretch.

Evola's measured assessment of Der Arbeiter is worth looking into, excerpts in English online, full book in Italian on Libgen iirc.
>>
>ITT: monoglottlets shitting on shitty translations which can't capture the divine essrnce of the German language
English a culturally poor pidgin language which derives its entire usefulness from its rigid structure and complete lack of grammar. It's a language of peasants and administrators, not thinkers and poets.
>>
>>9618719
>German
>peasants and administrators

said without a trace of irony

ps: back to (((Heine))) with you.
>>
>>9617884
Unironically read Stirner first.
It is basically exploring how Stirner can work practically.
>>
>>9618652
This. Also try getting your hands on "der Waldgang"
>>
>>9618911
full translation out now in English; older partial translation online.

ironically, an Evolian thinker analysed how that book represents an aberration from the traditional European point of view - Junger's forest fleer is cast in the mould of the outlaw (in the nordic sense) rather than a proactive fighter.

in other words, a coward cause >muh anarkh
>>
File: auf den marmorklipper.jpg (30KB, 189x300px) Image search: [Google]
auf den marmorklipper.jpg
30KB, 189x300px
I don't know about Eumeswil, but I just finished On the Marble Cliffs (my first Junger), and was rather pleased by it. Interesting allegory, less about Nazism as such than it is about the rise of disorder and chaos and the debasement of culture in favor of vitalist barbarism (which is one of our sins, on both the right and left, I think). But even disregarding the message, it's worth reading because of its austere and dream-like tone.
>>
>>9617884
>Patrician
>Not reading Ernst Jünger

Choose one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.