[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is literature dead /lit/? Is there a single good author that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1484086063408.png (401KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484086063408.png
401KB, 500x457px
Is literature dead /lit/? Is there a single good author that came to prominence since the turn of the century?
>>
>>9617351
Read more, you dumb fucking frogshitter
>>
>>9617351
I cant be the only one who sees when there is such a void in great talent as now in music, literature, film and general art that someone absolutely inmpecable msut come along soon?
>>
>>9617351
Adichie
>>
>>9617351
Literature was always dead. It was a substitute for meeting people when everyone was too far apart to share anything.

You are literally surrounded by billions of people at all times. They all have far more interesting things to say than a politically censored dead guy trying to write for money 300 years ago. Move on. Literature is nothing and dulls your brain and makes it harder for you to identify with your own nation and your own culture.
>>
>>9617362

Oh, they're serious [mirthless chuckle]?
>>
>>9617365
Please don't; it hurts so much
>>
File: 1491904184055.png (629KB, 803x652px) Image search: [Google]
1491904184055.png
629KB, 803x652px
>>9617367
>Literature is nothing and dulls your brain
>>
>>9617367
jesus.
>how
>cucked
>are
>you?
>>
>>9617367

>They all have far more interesting things to say than a politically censored dead guy trying to write for money 300 years ago. Move on. Literature is nothing and dulls your brain and makes it harder for you to identify with your own nation and your own culture.

Masterful bait comrade
>>
>>9617367
Why the fuck would i want to identify with an abstraction qua nation/people. If you identify with those things you are literally running away from your self. Hiding in the swarm. Literature is the work of an individual as individual and therefor it is superior than just going around talking to randos who for the most part think of nothing else than what sodium enriched microwaved slop they will choke down in front of their television
>>
File: 1484350089984.png (1MB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1484350089984.png
1MB, 1425x1425px
>>9617367
Now define "culture" so as to exclude literature from it.
>>
>>9617378
>sodium enriched microwaved slop
I prefer the oven or grill when preparing my sodium-enriched slop, thank you very much! And I think you might be surprised...there are a lot of interesting 'randos' out there.
>>
>>9617367
This is the quality of bait this board deserves. Good job.
>>
File: aesthetic.jpg (107KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
aesthetic.jpg
107KB, 675x450px
>>9617351
Knausgaard
>>
There really aren't any free talents out there. They all need the money and are heavily edited. They are either needlessly provocative, because that's there schtick, or bland. I blame the market
>>
>>9617362
You're wrong. There's no void. What's happening is that the truly talented no longer come to prominence. Talent or effort are no longer necessary, it's the image, the reputation. No person that is truly dedicated to his work is willing to nurture his public image to become famous. Those who do are shit or become shit in the process of becoming notorious. this applies to all forms of art, not just literature.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.