[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a place for idealism in this post-post-postmodern tryhard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Is there a place for idealism in this post-post-postmodern tryhard contrarian culture?
Everything needs to have a twist now. Can we have a contemporary genre or literary piece where the ideals of the main character triumph over pessimism without looking "unrealistic"? There's no absolute black and white but some shades of grey are clearly lighter than others.
>>
>>9613986
We used to have that, it was called the Bible but then God died
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 1000x500px
>>9613986
Sanity seems to have had the upper hand over despair in GITS. Cowboy Bebop too to some degree. Intelligence and consciousness, robots learning what it means to be human. I thought that was pretty good.
>>
>>9613986
People are inspired by the world around them as much as intellectuals/authors can shape a culture the culture and world they live in shapes them - it is as unnatural to a writer today to have an ideal character/black and white as it would be to an ancient writer to have a realistic/ grey one.
>>
Unironically wait until I publish my diary desu
>>
>Can we have a contemporary genre or literary piece where the ideals of the main character triumph over pessimism without looking "unrealistic"?

This is existence itself and its end.
>>
>>9613986
Your concept of idealism is confused with emotional vulnerability. Blame Romanticism.
>>
>There's no absolute black and white but some shades of grey are clearly lighter than others.

I love how the laymans version of postmodernism is always just this thought. Like they think they're on to something by reminding us of this basic fact we forgot. Gee wiz thanks average joe we never thought of that.
>>
sentimental novels were a thing

now they are not, for a good reason
>>
There's always a place for idealism.
Idealism wouldn't really work if it wasn't always against the wall, battered by relentless naysayers.
I'm sure you can find it anywhere, in any genre, if you sift long enough.
>>
>>9614589
What if you have OCPD and only think in black and white though
>>
>>9613986
It's called post-irony
>>
>>9613986
of course there is
just look at Breivik, Kaczinsky, Dorner etc.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.