[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so when will we see a good writer go to patreon and release a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1496718733598.jpg (759KB, 2437x3049px) Image search: [Google]
1496718733598.jpg
759KB, 2437x3049px
so when will we see a good writer go to patreon and release a novel in chapter per month format?

like 5000 bucks per chapter?
>>
>>9613896
wtf is that justin bieber with boobs?
>>
>>9613896
when sam hyde begins to release his work
>>
>>9613896
i was actually deliberating on this earlier, but thinking of aiming for 10 grand

i mean, think about it.

you could potentially just write some half-good meme-based bollocks you steal and mash together from random threads on 4chan, hired a 5$ editor from fiver or upwork or whatever and post it chapter by chapter.

it's fucked up, but if you're in a developing country getting 10 grand a month for other people's bullshit, that's fucking great if you can pull it off.

and that potential backlash if it goes wrong is where i dropped that plan.
>get tai lopez-level net famous for scamming 10k
>literally will never live that down considering the nature of tech and social media's growth
>10 years down the road you finally have a professional gig, decent life, and some work rival brings your shit to light

ain't worth it mang.
>ahm KNOT gonna do it

>tfw only have a conscience when i'm anonymous
>>
File: T5ioSn.gif (637KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
T5ioSn.gif
637KB, 320x180px
>>9614159
Or alternatively you could write a masterpiece!
>>
>>9614173
i like your moxie

>however
have you seen what public backing of a creative project does to the creator(s)?
>grrm cracking
>the entirety of japan's manga & anime industries
>professors
>kanye fucking west

people crack from less pressure and public expectations. if someone posted anywhere near a masterpiece and fucked it up at any point, it'd be catastrophic for years to come.

lol if dfw and robin williams an hero'd and someone like dave chappelle flew to fucking africa to get away from the expectations after being relatively successful for a while, idefk how to presume to handle that shit.

>will admit 100% i'm half coward half autist
>>
>>9614221
>>9614159
you would never get the exposure needed to pull that off.
>>
>>9614253
10k div'd up is only 2-4k people
maybe 1 in 20 or, actually, 1 in 50 who know about it would pay the 3-5$/month, granted

that's still only 200k people at worst
~25% of 1% of 1% of humanity
.000025% total

simple tallies for marketing would be fb 10$/month, youtube 0$, and the time taken to get ~100 people apiece from several sites like this to check it out (maybe two weeks).
send off a couple affiliate links to people who already have a platform, and once you hear good results from 2-15 of them (depending on their audience) you start moving the cogs.

worst case it takes a couple months of effort, but marketing's really not that difficult a task when you break it down.
>>
>>9614253
>>9614409
best part is the options.
1) it goes to shit, you're fucked for life but not dead
2) it goes to shit, some cutthroat marketing agency likes your balls and hires you
3) #2 + you get the money
4) it turns out all right, not really good or bad and you get some cash for it
5) it's somehow caught fire and public opinion/expectations send you into a crash/burn spiral
6) odds of it being a legitimate masterpiece are slimmer than the chance of humanity's evolutionary chain, but great if it works that way

>worst part is having to live with yourself if you fuck it up and don't get outcome #4 or 6
>>
>>9614429
>so why don't you do it
/if/ it gg and anything more than a fizzle-out happened, would have to give up /lit/ and lolis to start, then have public and private life scrutinized any time shit got leaked.

that and i'm a cowardly autist -- self-presevation reigns supreme.
>>
who defines good? the snob police? are there not erotica writers on there making bank?
>>
>>9614558
When was the last time fine literature made you orgasm desu?
>>
>>9614572
when i read turgenev's netorare aka torrents of spring
>>
>>9613896
JUST
>>
File: KSBR_007-0.jpg (570KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
KSBR_007-0.jpg
570KB, 2000x3000px
>>9615789
pleb
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.