[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a piece of literature "beautiful"? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496567803606.jpg (1MB, 2048x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1496567803606.jpg
1MB, 2048x1931px
What makes a piece of literature "beautiful"? What must a work invoke to be considered a masterpiece? You there, what is it you seek when you face the words of greater men?
>>
Dunno lol
>>
>>9613194
Prose and ideas. Everyone I know disagrees though.
Favorite books are Moby-Dick, the anatomy of melancholy, Religio Medici
>>
>>9613194
i dont remember what he said but i do remember that I agreed with whatever wittgenstein said regarding aesthetics
>>
It participates in the form of beauty, of course.
>>
I have an admiration for prose that makes me think, "Oh, that's a neat way of saying/writing it. It feels as though I'm listening to someone that was born atleast 150 years ago. "
The Poetic Edda and Tolkien come to mind.
Are there any modern works done like this without looking like an obvious fraud?
>>
>>9613194
Beauty always justify itself on its own term.
>>
>>9613225
those are great books
>>
>wants me to provide objective value judgments on aesthetics

haha - no! here's an idea: next time someone disagrees with you just make loud crow noises until they shut up or if they do it on the internet just call them gay
>>
>>9614846
I brought anatomy of melancholy with me on vacation with my friends. One asked to read it while I tried to sleep in the plane. When I woke up, he said he would rather kill himself than read any more of it.
Plebs are the most fun to hang out with.
>>
What they're actually saying.

You can have the most tight plot and twinked out prose ever but if your endgame is some basic bitch/ unwholesome themes then I dont care.
>>
if it makes me feel something deeply human it is good
>>
>>9613194
the writing
a master
even greater words
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.