[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My psychiatrist told me to read this book.It seems like a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

My psychiatrist told me to read this book.It seems like a pretty generic self help book.Did anyone read this and does it work?
>>
Contemplating suicide here can someone just say is reading 200ish pages of this worth it
>>
>>9611796
I've never read it but it's probably pretty dumb. Just boring platitudes. Why do you want to kill yourself anyway? Are you actively suffering all the time or are you just bored?
>>
>>9611844
mostly the first one.It isnt even that I really want to die its just that I really dont want to live.I dont know why really.I had my hormones checked and its all normal and antidepressants arent working so it isnt some chemical imbalance.
>>
>>9611775
as dumb as it sounds.
presence and awareness seem to work.
give it a try op
>>
File: 1495636497383.jpg (68KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1495636497383.jpg
68KB, 1024x759px
>>9611854
take shrooms/acid/ayahuasca
and READ MORE
>>
seems like another one of those mindfulness bullshit things
>>
>>9611854
I don't know what to tell you. Most people probably feel like you. There's no magical meaning to life. It all seems pretty pointless and it probably is. >>9611860 is a very good suggestion. Shrooms probably saved my life.
>>
>>9611856
did you try it? i might give it a try
>>9611860
maybe I will
>>9611872
im not sure.The psychiatrist told me most people that feel like tend to commit suicide pretty early on.I dont really want a meaning to life I just want a reason to keep going.Thanks for the advice though
>>
>>9611884
no i didn't try it desu. however i have a good friend who is working with borderline/depressive patients and she says it mostly works.

also i am samefagging, so: psychedlics are the only stuff that can really unsettle you and give you a new imprinting. also the only reason for life is play. it is contingent, thats the fun about it. there is so much you don't know yet and so much you haven't experienced yet. get curious. psychedelics can help with that
>>
>>9611901
Looks like im going to try shrooms this summer.Thanks anon
>>
>>9611884
The psychiatrist probably honestly believes that too. He probably thinks he helps people and his life isn't meaningless. You really think that average people have a "reason to keep going"? They either never think about it, carry on because it's what everyone else does, are afraid of divine punishment, etc. Life really isn't a big deal and there's usually not a good reason to end it. Most things are shitty most of the time but some stuff is cool.
>>9611909
Come back to talk to us after.
>>
File: 1983.jpg (1MB, 1669x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1983.jpg
1MB, 1669x1271px
>>9611854
I don't think we can check all the neurological chemicals that cause depression easily, so I doubt you have comprehensive enough evidence to say that, but regardless it doesn't matter either way you need to correct yourself and your actions so that you feel a reason to go on day in and day out.

>>9611860
Isn't bad advice. If you're really at the point of contemplating suicide you need to take risks of some kind and see if they give you anything positive in return instead of sitting here and knowing that the same old will go on.
>>
Don't listen to these pretentious cunts. Mindfulness is one of the leading fields in psychology for treating mental illness. It could be very helpful. Also don't do shrooms when you're depressed.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.