[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Write a couple pages >Hate it >Start over How do I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rarestpepe.jpg (198KB, 937x705px) Image search: [Google]
rarestpepe.jpg
198KB, 937x705px
>Write a couple pages
>Hate it
>Start over
How do I get over this?

Also, writing advice and tips general?
>>
>>9611019
Nice rare Pepe.
>>
>>9611019
Drawing has the same issue. Painting not so much, you can't redo it. Learn to live with imperfection.

I generally write down a structure to follow, then I fill it and stray from the path until I start making mistakes again. Stop right there, but keep it around, go back to the drawing board and repeat.
>>
continue writing anyway, you can always go back and delete/change things after you've written a larger amount (this is the editing process, after all). Your first draft isn't supposed to be perfect or even good, but it's a lot easier to edit something terrible into something good than it is to pull something good out of thin air
>>
What is your writing like? Any genre/style comparisons?

I'd say you have to fight over your writing for it to stay in the unconscious part of your brain, if it doesn't originate there, it won't be fun or original
>>
Write a complete outline. Every scene, the point of that scene, what changes in the characters/plot of that scene.

From there you just don't look back. Never ever go back. You must finish. If you must rewrite, you scrap it all and go back to the outline.
>>
I had the same issue, and then I just dropped the mindset that whatever I'm writing is intended to be a masterpiece, let alone something to get published. Just write for the sake of writing, for fun, write about cool scenarios you thought up, or dialogues. Don't expect it to be a meaningful coherent piece at the end.

All that comes later, first you just need to get in the habit of writing and finishing things.
>>
>>9612143
For example the other day I wrote a scene about a guy having a conversation with a girl at a bar.

That was of course very trite and pointless, it explored no actual themes or had a real payoff. It's just that I somehow thought of it and felt like writing it down, whether for fun or practice.

And when you do that a lot and you learn how to actually finish pieces, then the ideas on how to create something meaningful out of a story will come a lot easier. That's the way it works for me at least.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.