[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lit! In this thread we discuss who were the greatest Greek,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: plato.jpg (10KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
10KB, 201x251px
Hello /lit! In this thread we discuss who were the greatest Greek, and Roman philosophers. Pick one for each era with a couple sentences justifying your choices.
>>
>>9610597

Plato of all eras and times, ancient, medieval, modern, and every foreseeable and unforseeable future alike.
>>
>>9610662
Plato because? And what about the Romans?
>>
>>9610597
socratic philosophy marked the breakdown of the bicameral mind. it's notable only because the end of a golden age is only most visible at its dusk. homer catalogued it better anyway.
>>
>>9610690
>Believes in the bicameral mind.
Pseud.
>>
>>9610937
the "neuroscience" depicted was a product of its time in order to garner "legitimacy" and has many flaws but the main thesis is true. the only other way to explain the axial age is "magic".
>>
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>9610597
The greatest Greek and Roman philosophers are lost to history because their ideas were never written down :-(

I could cry just thinking about it. Imagine if only Seth Meyers survived from this century and all other writers, thinkers, and personalities were completely erased from the sands of time and everybody just studied a few hours of Seth Meyers footage to understand us
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.