[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Essays are incoherent messes >Aphorisms are the lowest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Emil-cioran-3.jpg (430KB, 1396x1667px) Image search: [Google]
Emil-cioran-3.jpg
430KB, 1396x1667px
>Essays are incoherent messes
>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word, used by people incapable of writing poetry or prose
>tfw born to early too be a depressed 16 year old boy with a twitter account and a copy if The Stranger
>Can't make an argument to save his life
>Hypocrite
>Spoiled little beta baby bitch boy
Why do people like this hack again? Is it just because they're sad?
>>
>>9608952
>missing the point this hard
>>
>>9609007
What's the point?
>>
>>9609017
Cioran would say any attempt to formulate the world will be an incoherent mess
He attempts towards a dual project of philosophy and prose, aphorisms are a necessary mode for that regardless of your opinion of them
Everyone is a hypocrite, thats part of his work
Literally nothing wrong with being a spoiled little beta baby bitch boy, I would encourage it
>>
File: C0J9QXkXUAAnrDB.jpg (22KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
C0J9QXkXUAAnrDB.jpg
22KB, 425x283px
>>9608952
>but muh meaning of life!

That's all I heard. Cry more OP
>>
>>9608952
I have recently heard about a scientific breakthrough. The smallest elementary particle in the universe is now known as OP's brain.
>>
>>9609040
Be easy on him, he's probably crying right now
>>
I like Cioran because he's a snooty aesthete who thoroughly enjoys not enjoying anything at all. The Brief History's my fave.
>>
Which of his books should I read first bros?
>>
>>9610425
Decay.
>>
>>9610425
Is he pretty standalone, or is he one of those referential canonical philosophers who you cant get without specific prerequisite knowledge?
>>
>>9611492
If youre general reading's sufficient dive right in.
>>
I could only dream for the ability of writing aphorisms and idioms properly.

Fiction is nothing but long aphorisms.
>>
>>9610425
People usually say decay but I found the Trouble with Being Born way better
>>
>>9611939
Agreed. However, how do you read aphorisms? Do you read them in one go as you would with a novel, or more akin to poetry in that you'll allow yourself to think about what you read?
>>
>>9612306
Both really, I would say I would read it initially as a novel and certain sections would strike me and beg consideration either immediately or on reflection.
>>
>>9608952
He liked De Maistre though.
>>
File: 271cf981e463b1e251703fa231ac14a9.jpg (122KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
271cf981e463b1e251703fa231ac14a9.jpg
122KB, 1024x778px
Its ironic and perhaps says quite a lot that out of all the whackos and degenerates in the French literary tradition of the last century, Cioran was the only major figure who seemed to have had a true love of his life
>>
>>9612365
Like his buds Ionesco and Eliade, he was Romanian.
>>
>>9612610
I know yeah, I just mean in the sphere he worked in. Like his other friend Beckett
>>
>>9611939
You'll get a lot more out of Trouble after you've read more Cioran, desu
>>
french culture is so mundane. i get it your depressed like everyone else n sheeet.
>>
>>9612946
>french culture is so mundane

People used to say the exact opposite. Around WW1 their spirits just snapped.
>>
>>9608952
>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word

Pleb detected
>>
>>9612614
Realized that after posting, tqtc. Also meant to add- writing in French in Paris- which wd have placed the burden of difference on 'Romanian' (as opposed to French) which was my aim. Misfire.
In despite of their negative (physical!) illuminations, one cd plausibly add I and E to the list of ultimate (intense) life appreciators as well. I. too had a lifelong mate, and E lived one of the craziest adventure novels of the 20th c.
>>
>>9608952
He has an interesting way to write about how he perceives the world, he doesn't try to lecture anyone and rejects philosophy. He's said himself that he hasn't invented anything and has only conveyed his own experience of life. His writings shouldn't be taken as hard philosophy but as lyricism with a philosophical core
>>
>>9610425
The only book I've read by him is At The Heights of Despair, I liked it a lot though it took me a few tries to get into, when I first did though I finished it very quickly
>>
>>9612365
he looks like an old Dale Cooper in this pic
>>
File: large_eraserhead_blu-ray_x02.jpg (134KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
large_eraserhead_blu-ray_x02.jpg
134KB, 1600x900px
>>9613047
I never found out if it was true but I'm convinced Lynch is a fan of Cioran
>>
>>9608952
>Aphorisms are the lowest form of the written word

Maybe if you're someone who can't intuitively understand the messages the author is trying to convey
>>
>>9608952
You are right. People in this thread are beta males who spend their days crying because they are alone. Cioran is shit.
>>
>>9613095
>beta males who spend their days crying because they are alone

Literally nothing wrong with this
>>
File: bateman18.jpg (17KB, 253x304px) Image search: [Google]
bateman18.jpg
17KB, 253x304px
>>9613102
>this is what atheists actually believe
>>
>>9613111
Yes, if God does not exist this is the only justifiable response to life
>>
>>9613133
>Justifiable
Start with the countryless Romanians
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.