[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got a job at local bookstore playing the Harold Bloom >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: bloom1.jpg (52KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
bloom1.jpg
52KB, 600x601px
>got a job at local bookstore playing the Harold Bloom
>tfw almost got fired for joking about DFW's suicide and making a kid cry

What's the fun of this job if you can't go too far?

Oh well, still a decent pay for sucking Shakespeare's cock and making fun of plebs.
>>
File: bloomin.jpg (33KB, 870x455px) Image search: [Google]
bloomin.jpg
33KB, 870x455px
>>9608563
>made a joke in pleb detector thread about local book store harold bloom's
>mfw it's real
>>
File: bloomamused.jpg (27KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
bloomamused.jpg
27KB, 460x345px
>>9608563
>An inherent part of the universal aesthetic value is making plebs cry
You're doing Bloom's (and YHWH's, you know how he pronounces it) work, son.
>>
I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself?

The only sincere moment in the life of David Foster Wallace was when he kicked away the chair. The rest of his life was a lie, the new sincerity was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.

His literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay - the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy.

The depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent
>>
>pick up application at local bookstore
>most of it is standard retail garbage
>last few pages are a test of literary knowledge
>do pretty well with the scansion
>modern languages are easy
>fake my way through the Greek and Latin
>flip page
>write a short disquisition on the place of pseudo-longinian criticism in an aesthetically dissipated age
>flip page
>shift_my_falstaffian_bulk.jpg
>it says I have to write a sequel-cum-gnostic parable for an obscure Scottish novel
>not again
>never again
>I look out the window to see children reading Harry Potter and the Golden Goblet or some such
>my heart stops
>>
>>9608563
>Guise ppl were mad at me 4 making fun of depression and suicide and making somebody cry. Freaking normies amirite reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>9609385
how did you miss the point that badly i am embarrassed for you
>>
File: sicilianapproval.jpg (29KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
sicilianapproval.jpg
29KB, 600x330px
>>9609377
>shift_my_falstaffian_bulk.jpg
>>
>>9608563
>implying kids have ever heard of david foster wallace
>>
>>9609503
>le epic "you missed the point" rejoinder
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.