[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUH byTXB2J4 after the succ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHbyTXB2J4

after the success with the dfw movie, we now get a series about another one of the 90's most well known authors, the fucking unabomber himself
will it be kino? and will the janitor understand that this thread is /lit/ related and not /tv/?
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/
>>
>>9607980
I like police related /tv/ but I don't know if Ted's story suits the genre. The fact that the FBI really had nothing on him until his Brother and Sister-In-Law recognized his writing and led them straight to him kind of undermines the police narrative. Of course his ideology was interesting but I'd bet an eyeball this show won't mention Jacques Ellul. As a person he was also an interesting case but it looks like they aren't going too deep there, which I can't hold against them, considering how weird and depressing his life story is.
>>
>>9607980
Ted probably hates it
>>
>>9608087
I've grown to hate television and movies for this reason. It essentially condenses tends of thousands of pages' worth of data into an hour of programming intended primarily to entertain the "average" viewer, who of course is an idiot who needs to be spoonfed. I bet this show will overlook Ted's efforts to seek psychological help, his brief return to civilization, his correspondence with a Mexican farmer, etc.
>>
>>9608094
I can't imagine him watching tv even outside of prison. A series of televised interviews with him personally I think would make for far more compelling television. He's too politically dangerous for that to ever probably happen but I can dream.
>>
>>9608121
How is he?
>>
>>9608149
Haven't heard anything recently but I don't think he looks too good in photos. Spending years isolated in a gloomy prison could drive anybody nuts, to a freedom-loving autist like Ted it must be Hell on Earth.
>>
>>9608175
I meant the politically dangerous part.
They made a world famous series and interviewed Pablo Escabar.
>>
>>9608207
Pablo Escobar was just a criminal. Sure lots of would-be Tony Montana's might think 'Cool, that could be me!' but there will always be idiots who think crime pays. Ted's ideas are the kind that don't occur to many people at all, and if a significant amount of people were to get his ideas into their heads it could cause some real problems for all kinds of people. If he were to appear on live television and start dropping Ivan Illych style bogpills and even one were to catch on it could cause some major inconveniences. Overpopulation, chronic inefficiency, declining quality of life for the entire planet, these are the scary issues that the news doesn't want to talk about because they're too big. They're always there but we'll never hear about them.
>>
>>9608238
I see, what ivan illych bogpills are you referring to?
And what should i read to become more familiar with him, just his manifesto?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.