[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the reason you want to be a writer is because of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

>tfw the reason you want to be a writer is because of your pathological fear of being forgotten, but you realize it's hopeless as you know you have to compete with the likes of Shakespeare, Milton, and Virgil for true immortality.

books for this feel?
>>
It's just the creative outlet I'm best at and am most practised at because of relentless shitposting.

It's pretty much impossible to do anything of note creatively. Maybe, if I'm lucky, some of my ideas will get absorbed into the literary canon even if my name doesn't.
>>
>>9607538
oh so that explains rhe sound and the fury and the narration of a retard. that faulkner guy was pretty clever, but all on a single shakespeare line?
>>
>>9607538
I write because I want to.
>>
>>9608982
Oh, you would have invented literature all on your own?
>>
File: 1495079497686.png (373KB, 282x337px) Image search: [Google]
1495079497686.png
373KB, 282x337px
>tfw you want to be forgotten as soon as you die since being content in an utterly unremarkable life is the surest way to A U T H E N T I C I T Y and this helps justify your lack of ability to write.
>>
>>9608982
>>9608982

Here is the writer. Don't write for cash, don't write for posterity. Write for writing. The words should be the end, in and of themselves.
>>
everyone will be forgotten eventually, who gives a shit
>>
>>9607538
Not really. I make music for that very reason though.
>>
Started out that way, but now I aspire to it just because its a useful and pleaaurable occupation.
>>
Even diamonds erode.
>>
>>9608982
>>9609473
/thread
>>
>>9607538
if college professors get their way, all those guys will be forgotten in 20 years
>>
File: 1494105761058.jpg (714KB, 2774x1993px) Image search: [Google]
1494105761058.jpg
714KB, 2774x1993px
Amadeus
>>
>>9610256
All the professors in the world can't get them out of my head. They can try. They won't.
>>
>pathological fear of being forgotten
Well, normally young men learn to deal with this by the time they're 30 by taking solace in the fact that they are a part of something greater than themselves, like family, church or ethnos. Oh, wait, you are probably a part "progressive" generation who takes great pride in actively undermining all of the above. Enjoy buying shiny things and eventual suicide then, I guess.
>>
>>9611418
Why is a fear of being forgotten bad?
>>
>>9611418
>Get off my lawn! I mean, board!
>FUCKING MILLENIALS REEEEEE
>>
>>9607654
>>9608982
>>9609489
I asked for book recommendations, not for your fucking feelings you stupid faggots
>>
>>9611450
Yeah, book recs for conformation and something to relate to. What the fuck are you going to learn from that?

Anyway, best I can give is The Anxiety of Influence by Harold Bloom. It's pretty exactly your feel.
>>
>>9611450
Ecclesiastes, Ezra Pound's poetry (some of it), Ovid.
>>
>>9607538
Being forgotten isn't really an issue, but I do want to make other people happy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.