[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who do you consider to have the harder job: the novelist or the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: NBw9sOe.jpg (285KB, 855x1280px) Image search: [Google]
NBw9sOe.jpg
285KB, 855x1280px
who do you consider to have the harder job: the novelist or the philosopher? And not in the sense of salary or living conditions but the purely intellectual part of the job. Who's more prestigious, the great novelist or the great philosopher?
>>
philosopher is much harder
>>
>>9606001

>making up shit
>hard
>>
>>9606029
kek
>>
>>9606029
Making up shit isn't hard. Making up shit that is consistent is hard.
>>
>>9605986
stupid question with no answer
>>
Philosopher and it doesn't really seem like that hard of a decision for me. To be a great novelist doesn't necessarily require any great study, just talent. Being a great philosopher INHERENTLY means deep study.
>>
>>9606130
yes but the philosopher has a very narrow set of concerns. The novelist essentially is battling the infinities of language and human experience.
>>
>>9605986

Philosophy begins with other people's thinking. Novels begin with your own. Therein lies your answer.
>>
>>9606141
>the philosopher has a very narrow set of concerns
>>philosophers aren't
>battling the infinities of language and human experience.

confirmed illiterate
>>
>>9605986
Harder? Probably philosopher
More prestigious? Definitely novelist. Almost nobody cares about philosopher beyond the real all time greats, but the average person doesn't know a single philosopher that lived in the past 100 years. And honestly there is no reason to. Philosophy at large is worthless and filled with pseuds that like to pretend their smart by using terms and concepts others came up with and the entire thing has very little influence on anything outside philosophy itself.
>>
>>9605986
>philosopher

>work

kek
>>
>>9605986
Low tier philosophers are worse than low tier novelists. High tier philosophers are better than high tier novelists.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.