[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In three separate threads today, anons have stated that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4356.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4356.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
In three separate threads today, anons have stated that they "fell for the Moby Dick meme."

Friendly reminder– your opinions on the text are retarded, ill-informed, and based on nothing. This isn't a bad thing. It's merely a fact.

Your opinion does not matter because you are stupid and uneducated, because you are lazy and unwilling to give the text the attention it deserves. You have always been this way. You will always be this way. I have always been this way. Become aware of your ignorance, and then, for all that is holy on this earth, be quiet.

Most people do not deserve a voice, including you. If you've reduced Moby Dick to a meme to fall for, stop reading. Stop voting. Stop participating. You have nothing to say. You are another expendable glob of useless flesh being tossed around by the world. Wake up, go to work, shut your mouth, go to sleep. Repeat.

You're flooding the airways. Give up.

https://youtu.be/xFt59_E_g5s
>>
moby dick is a meme
>>
>>9605180
>he fell for the Moby Dick meme
>>
i agree OP.

and also, why does every pleb think that "art is entirely subjective" is their own unique thought that needs sharing
>>
>>9605231
I'm not sure where such a nonsense idea came from, but there are no other disciplines in which it holds true.

People only take this liberty in the humanities. I think it's a shame.
>>
>>9605180
The board was better off when the 'meme books' were works of either no or questionably little worth (e.g. Atlas Shrugged, Tao Lin, The God Delusion), as opposed to quality literature reduced to a vehicle for shitposting and fitting-in with board culture, half due to people insecure about their inability to understand and enjoy those works and half people who don't actually read very much so they make-up for it by designating and perpetuating a short, select chart of books as the only books they ever need to read.

>>9605231
In the past few decades pseudointellectuals have flocked to naive anti-realism/subjectivism/relativism to justify their void of any personal standards and poor understanding of the humanities (that's not to say anti-realism isn't a substantive position with many robust arguments and respected proponents, it's simply the current go-to for the philosophically illiterate grasping at profundity).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.