[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some young people think they have to be alone to be strong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1461899208132.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1461899208132.png
98KB, 612x491px
Why do some young people think they have to be alone to be strong? Any books on this?
>>
>>9601823
If you take the "any books on this" off of the post, it would belong on /r9k/. Shit cross post attempt.
>>
>>9601823
The Knowledge Illusion by Steven Sloman is a pretty good case for why nobody really thinks alone.
>>
>>9601823

Few things are truly necessary. Those who depend on others for everything life do tend to be insufferable, however. They always speak of places and experiences they piggy-backed off of someone else's largess. The only thing worse than not actually earning anything you receive in life is rubbing others' faces in it.

As proof, I present the entirety of instagram and facebook.
>>
>>9601823
The answer is a classic: Vanity.
This emphasis-- 'to be strong'-- is sheer braggadocio. What it says really is 'look at me!'
>>
>>9603220
This is also the reason people feel a need to mention when animel cruelty or whichever viral sob story is making the rounds at the time doesn't face them.
Acting thick-skinned for the sake of acting thick-skinned doesn't necessarily make you superior, but certainly edgy.
>>
File: oman.jpg (36KB, 205x249px) Image search: [Google]
oman.jpg
36KB, 205x249px
I don't want to be alone
>>
>>9601823
Because they read Nietzsche.
>>
>>9601823
I just don't see any reason to bother with other people besides the minimum necessary interactions in public to survive, e.g. - groceries, work, helping someone, or at an event.

I don't have family, don't bother with friendships besides business relations, and would cyclically create and consume all day if I could.

Would have to say being alone is natural and doesn't have much to do with strength so much as it being a simple preference that evolved through years of solitude.

>And I'm an ignorant bastard that hates dealing with the latest meme fad after spending years on an alien entertainment webinar forum

Not so much a rebuttal but I'm curious now about the opposite. Why do older people think the only way to live is by relying on or living with other people, often keeping people they can't fucking stand in their life just to have someone? Seems like a massive waste of time and energy. Is it solely utilitarian, in case their body breaks down and they need help? Or have they been so emotionally involved with others all their life that they fear being alone with their thoughts and feelings as their only companion(s)?
>>
>>9603447
Living in a community used to be necessary for life and never stepped being preached as such. The people you're talking about, just call them normies since that's you mean, were convinced of the same and never given a reason to question it.
>>
File: namo.png (71KB, 508x618px) Image search: [Google]
namo.png
71KB, 508x618px
I just want to be alone
>>
>>9603479
I get that I'm likely quite autistic or antisocial, >both, likely
but I'd always imagined "normies"//older folks had some reason to stick with others as opposed to just not questioning their social structure for generations.

>TLDR; antisocial autist thinks positively of others in ignorance
>>
>>9603509
It's not like they're wrong. A lot of people's life is enriched by religion, even the retarded sides of it like creationism. The fact they never questioned it already says that it's been working out for them. Downside is that they don't see it can work out the other way as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.