[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back in college I would always wear a bandana and round glasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: DFW .jpg (10KB, 322x214px) Image search: [Google]
DFW .jpg
10KB, 322x214px
Back in college I would always wear a bandana and round glasses like DFW.

>2011
>junior year
>working in small bookstore
>girl walks in
>looks like the type that doesn't read
>asks for a book recommendation
>pass her a copy of Infinite Jest
>this is an amazing book by an amazing author
>looks at cover
>looks at back
>puts book down
>"It's really pretentious that you're recommending a book you wrote."
>buys nothing and leaves
>mfw
>>
>>9601553
Reddit tier
>>
1/10
>>
File: Todd_55439b_5446678.jpg (22KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
Todd_55439b_5446678.jpg
22KB, 500x303px
>>9601553
why would that be pretentious?
>>
>>9601553
funny story, but dfw isn't wearing either glasses or a bandana on the author pic for the old editions of infinite jest you pleb
>>
File: IJ dust jacket.jpg (230KB, 1332x650px) Image search: [Google]
IJ dust jacket.jpg
230KB, 1332x650px
>>9601602
>>
>>9601610
well on that copy he doesn't have glasses
>>
>>9601561
This, it's desperate more than anything. Although not as desperate as making up a story on /lit/ for attention
>>
>>9601553
>Back in college I would always wear a bandana and round glasses like DFW
What with /lit/ and lacking their own actual opinions and style?
>>
A man recommending DFW to a woman? What a fucking surprise! Rapist!
>>
so this is water
>>
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW
>>
Men should not be allowed to talk to women, ever ever ever ever ever EVER
>>
I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself?

The only sincere moment in the life of David Foster Wallace was when he kicked away the chair. The rest of his life was a lie, the new sincerity was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.

His literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay - the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy.

The depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent.
>>
i don't do much in real life but if i start doing the\at i hope someone tries to talk to me about david foster wallace so i can pretend i have no idea who he is and act totally uninterested
>>
>>9602990
>posting copypastas
>>
File: heh.jpg (357KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
357KB, 750x500px
>>9601553
>welcome to the wawa
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.