[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the Narnia books, why is it that every time Narnia is in trouble,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1484648247461.png (1MB, 1223x880px) Image search: [Google]
1484648247461.png
1MB, 1223x880px
In the Narnia books, why is it that every time Narnia is in trouble, they have to rely on a bunch of children from outside their universe to save their whole world? How is it that a bunch of normal children from our universe are somehow more powerful than anyone else in an entire parallel universe?
>>
>>9601207
Because it makes for nice reading for normal children, you autistic retard
>>
I haven't read those books in over 20 years, but assuming what you say is the truth: why is it so hard to believe that our universe is more powerful than the other?
>>
>>9601215
Their universe has witches, magic, giants, centaurs, faeries, wytches, and magick. Yeah, our universe has bombs and guns, but these are just random children.
>>
>>9601229
Two different universes have two different sets of rules. Just because they have witches doesn't mean shit. A witch is a witch and not by definition more powerful than an entity from another universe.
>>
>>9601215
Why would God make a universe that is just weak and stupid?
>>
>>9601284
It's not weak or stupid, that's you
>>
the proletariat is stronger
>>
>>9601207
Why are you thinking like a comic book nerd?

I'm detecting some serious "goku vs superman what is their lower level" vibes here
>>
>>9601210

But what about the autistic children? I'm sick of my people being excluded.
>>
File: Getting real tired of your shit.png (225KB, 629x480px) Image search: [Google]
Getting real tired of your shit.png
225KB, 629x480px
Their world is set in a feudal power structure. Men (and by men I refer the boys, as you can see in the first books that the girls are not of major importance nor to Aslan nor the Witch) are chosen by a higher power to rule because the common folk are seen as uncapable of ruling themselves, thus their animalization or folklorization, which can be partial or total depending on the usefulness they can provide to their masters (Aslan or the Witch).

Fuck Lewis, Tolkien did it better.
>>
>>9601207
It's an allusion to Christ leaving one "universe" (aka Heaven) and entering another one (aka Narnia).
>>
>>9601627
Did what better? They're entirely different and invite no comparison.
>>
>>9602780
>Did what better?
Medieval high fantasy. I just wanted to mention Tolkien because of their frienemyship.
>>
Could it be that Lewis is making a statement on Christianity? The belief of the children in the reality of Narnia is a parallel to Lewis' view of Christianity in England. The idea is that the religion will only be as strong as the next generation that carries it forward.
>>
>>9601627
Lilith by George MacDonald is a better comparison with Narnia, particularly as Narnia was consciously infantilised rip-off of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.