[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read literature or engage with any high art >all my insecurities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: koudelka2.jpg (190KB, 1020x704px) Image search: [Google]
koudelka2.jpg
190KB, 1020x704px
>read literature or engage with any high art
>all my insecurities start to constantly torment me and I'm molded into a mindset which makes me feel distant to everyone around me.

>play video games and maybe watch some tv comedy every now and then.
>suddenly happy and able to move on with my life normally.

anyone else know this feeling and possibly stuck in a similar back and forth?
>>
grow up feelsguy
>>
Maybe try improving yourself instead of ignoring your imperfections with mindless distraction.
>>
No, the first always applies to me, maybe even moreso after I've played videogames or done some similar thing to distract myself
>>
You're not some tormented genius because you hang out on a cartoon self-improvement image board and read the same books millions have read before you.
>>
>>9600241
Man I've been feeling this too much
Working out has helped fill that void though
>>
That's exactly the reason why literature is superior to every other art, especially music and film, and infinitely superior to television and video games. Think about it, my friends
>>
>>9600261
Nice projection
That's not what OP's saying at all
>>
Because your brain treats videogames like work mostly: after playing it feels like you've gotten some work done and achieved something. Not true, of course, and that's why I think they're so pernicious.

Anyway, I think if you engage in any good art you get this fugue sense of detachment because you've been elevated to a new level perceiving the world after consuming something so good everything else pales in comparison but at the same time it's also humbling by reminding you that you're probably never going to make something that can stand up to the art of your choice, if you even understand it fully in the first place.
I mostly felt it after going to see the peredvizjniki exhibition a while ago.
>>
File: 1451329463744.png (303KB, 477x304px) Image search: [Google]
1451329463744.png
303KB, 477x304px
>>9600241
i used to feel that way and then i promised myself to not play video-games anymore
of course now my sanity is at stake, since the only interaction with humans i had was voice chat on dota2, but the thing is that this thing plus my lack of self-control fucked me pretty bad
still, sometimes i feel happy, sometimes sad, it really depends on what i'm thinking at the moment i guess
>>
>>9600241
I get that.
It's to do with isolation.
I remember when I was still socially active I could read/watch whatever and it would have a minimal effect on how I felt.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.