[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just finished king lear. Please tell me I'm not the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

just finished king lear. Please tell me I'm not the only one who furiously disliked it. What's so special about this play?

also post your favorite plays either by shakespeare or the greeks (and seneca)
>>
File: IMG_8924.jpg (15KB, 192x185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8924.jpg
15KB, 192x185px
>>9599943
>reading plays
>>
You've only read it once, OP... Your age is showing and so is your experience. The structure of Lear is not great, and as a tragedy alone it's eh. But the poetry man.
>>
>>9599943
Just copped King Lear; why did you dislike it? My favorite play of all time is Michael Frayn's Copenhagen
>>
>>9599964
>>9599973
it seems to me he overused the nonsense talk with the fool, edgar and lear. Can't feel empathy towards king lear, he brought that on himself. The edgar/edmung part was ehh. I was expecting the battle to be the climax --- offstage, yes, but described somehow. Cordelia's death didn't have any weight.

It's not even close to macbeth.

(my fav play is prometheus bound by by aeschylus)
>>
>>9600005
>Can't feel empathy towards king lear
Dumb frogposter. Why should thou have life and she no breath at all?
>>
>>9600851
king lear was the real dumb dick and got what he deserved the entire plays says about him being old yet not wise
>>
>>9600005
>the Fool, Egdar and Lear
>talking nonsense
It really isn't nonsense and is very important.

>Can't feel empathy towards king lear, he brought that on himself.
It's almost like there is a genre of theater about that... Now what was it called again?

>king lear was the real dumb dick and got what he deserved the entire plays says about him being old yet not wise
>ignores that he was a great man before the events of the play
>ignores that he is meant to be a fallen man at the start of the play
>ignores his apotheosis
>>
It's threads like this that serve as a vital reminder that most of the anons on this board are very young and lack life experience.
Tl; dr - when you grow up you'll realise Lear is great
> tfw it really is sharper than a serpents tooth
>>
OP, you were best take my coxcomb.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.