[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the only writer I can relate to and read. What should I read along the same lines as him to not become pidgeonholed in one writer? Both fiction/nonfiction is fine.
>>
>>9599897
>virgin detected
>>
>>9599897
Ligotti
>>
>>9599898
Yes, I am a virgin. But I'm not really bitter about it, I used to be but not anymore. I don't agree with his essay on women if that's what you're referring to.
>>
>>9599902
I see that mentioned a lot due to his pessimism. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>9599909
>cuck detected
>>
>>9599897
Peter Wessel Zapffe
Thomas Ligotti
Eugene Thacker
David Benatar
Maybe Nick Land if you can tolerate some William S. Burroughs-esque barely lucid cyberpunk shenanigans
>>
File: Based Schopenhaur.png (465KB, 683x984px) Image search: [Google]
Based Schopenhaur.png
465KB, 683x984px
>>9599897
>>
>>9599918
Yes, I embody every 4chan meme that has ever existed.
>>9599924
Zapffe and Thacker seem interesting. I'm definitely going to look into Zapffe I've seen his face posted before but never looked him up. They all seem to be devout pessimists. I enjoy Schopenhauer's ability to turn pessimistic critique into a kind of twisted and broken form of optimism.
>>
>>9599939
based
which videogames do you think schoppy would play?
>>
>>9599897
Giacomo Leopardi is the only answer and I find it shameful that /lit/ has not recommended him yet
>>
>>9599974
Zapffe was deeply influenced by Shopenhaur, read The Last Messiah, i'm sure you'll like it.

Thacker is very Ligotti-like, and sees the world as not unlike the world as portrayed in the works of Lovecraft.

>>9599994
He's be into some Furi, i reckon.
>>
>>9599994
civ on max difficulty?
>>
>>9599939
pic related is 100% true
>>
>>9599994
I could imagine him playing Sims 2 just so he could remove the pool ladder from the pool and watch as the sims panics in the pool before dying
>>
>>9600049
I think people don't get that Schopenhauer had sympathy for humans and our predicament in the world.
>>
Thomas Bernhard my man
>>
Phillip Mainlander
>>
>>9599897
>I've become obsessed with Schopenhauer and he's the only writer I can relate to and read.

Are you saying this based on reading Will and Representation or just his aphorisms?
>>
>>9601090
Mostly Books 3 and 4 of World as Will and Representation and his essay On the suffering of the world. But reading any of his random essays is a joy for me. I just read A Few Parables in his studies in pessimism and I enjoy his take and viewpoint on life.
>>
>>9600001
This.
>>
>>9599994
Something boring as hell.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.