[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else primarily read books about serial killers? Also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0545.jpg (59KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0545.jpg
59KB, 310x500px
Does anyone else primarily read books about serial killers? Also, true crime thread.
>>
>>9599082
Bump because I'm interested, OP. Never really delved into true crime books before but I remember a week ago or so some anon was suggesting a couple that were worth a shot and said they disturbed him more than any literary horror could.

Really the only one I know is Truman Capote's In Cold Blood. Been meaning to pick that one up for a while.
>>
>>9599287
I was going to say in my OP "why read horror when you have true crime?" Truly more thrilling than most in that genre.
>>
>>9599082
No, but I've watched every single serial killer documentary since I was 12. Tried to read the BTK one and the one... Preston coauthored? Where the french police thought they were suspects? Neither of them were particularly decent, at least not in the way the documentaries were. Are there any you recommend?
>>
>>9599401
Read some Harold Schechter for an all round decent book and Brian Masters for an interesting psychological dissection of the subject.
>>
Columbine by Dave Cullen and Raven by Tim Reiterman might be up your alley.
>>
File: 51pp6ST0gjL.jpg (42KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
51pp6ST0gjL.jpg
42KB, 312x500px
>>9599082
Kasso wasn't really a "serial" killer, he just killed another teen, but goddamn is his case interesting. Kasso himself is king shit of every single edgy teenager cliche.

Too bad the book reeks of hackjob, with all drugs being called "dope" and being referenced as all essentially the same. It also gets some of the locations wrong. It's still an interesting read, though, since no other book on Ricky exists.
>>
>>9600115
Damn, I was just watching a documentary about him the other day. Hanged himself in jail at age 17.
>>
File: RQts5jiXj0.jpg (3MB, 2788x2113px) Image search: [Google]
RQts5jiXj0.jpg
3MB, 2788x2113px
>>
>>9600174
If Manson then pic related

Are there any good books on Jon Benet?
>>
In Cold Blood was really great. You get to know the killers and kind of take a look inside their heads.
>>
Anyone know where to get an epub or PDF of this? Been meaning to read it.
>>
Sorry, I meant the Jonestown book.
>>
GOSNELL
>>
>>9599082
I really enjoyed this book. Of course, I may be incredibly bias, since Bundy is my favorite. Either way, it was a great read, and it was something special to put all of the stories into context.

I'm currently reading "He Killed Them All" that Pirro but together. I really loved "The Jinx" and thought I'd give her book a shot. It's perfectly fine, gives you another angle of the investigation and some interesting details that were left out of the show.

Highly backed if you're into Robert Durst.
>>
File: Gosnellserialkillerbook2.jpg (28KB, 329x499px) Image search: [Google]
Gosnellserialkillerbook2.jpg
28KB, 329x499px
>>9603347
This, it was disgustingly interesting.
>>
>>9599082
I have that exact book. Ann Rule is good but she also has a very distinct voice that could be grating at times lol

Her life story is so tragic.

My first one was "Kiss Me, Kill Me" which chilled me to the bone. Couldn't sleep after reading it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.