[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is postmodernism the new boogeyman when postmodernism wa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: introduction to postmodernism.png (1MB, 650x1192px) Image search: [Google]
introduction to postmodernism.png
1MB, 650x1192px
Why is postmodernism the new boogeyman when postmodernism was dead by the 90s?

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_end_of_postmodernism.html?id=Z3UaAQAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y
>>
Because /pol/babies are too dumb to research what postmodernism actually is and find out that their youtube guru of the month is talking complete bullshit.
>>
>>9598821
>>9598844
Nobody cares about labels. Post modernism, post structuralism, or any other contemporary garbage - the name does not matter, philosophy has died together with Germany. I can only pity the mongoloids who take the likes of Foucault (an aids ridden degenerate who wrote utter bullshit) seriously. It is sad what we have come to.
>>
>>9599041
kill yourself
>>
>>9599041

>Nobody cares about labels

I didn't think it was possible to be so wrong in so few words
>>
>>9598821
They struggle to even define it so I wouldn't take any of it seriously.
>>
>>9599070
Hopefully you'll grow out of stupidity.
>>9599103
Nobody sane cares about labels. What does it matter if you say that e.g. philosopher X belongs to the tradition of philosophy Y. It is irrelevant, all that matters is what he has written.
>>
File: 14724323456.png (363KB, 822x1206px) Image search: [Google]
14724323456.png
363KB, 822x1206px
>>9598821
>Lasse Brandeby on /lit/

As far I as know, he was just a regular lefty.
>>
>>9599137
Only the insane don't care about labels.
>>
>>9599137

>Nobody sane cares about labels.

very well
nobody is sane then
>>
>>9599137
>only insane people disagree with me, the most right person ever
>>
>>9599125
t. pseud
>>
>>9599137
>Nobody sane cares about labels.
Gonna go ahead and label you as a dumbass with no grip on reality
>>
File: 14217654778667.jpg (66KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
14217654778667.jpg
66KB, 500x375px
>>9598821
>tfw I have actually listened to that lecture in the middle

She actually tells the students to draw along.
>>
>>9599150
>>9599151
>>9599155
we just got baited hard boys
>>
>>9598821
Postmodernism isn't really dead. It has become shorthand for 'things about current society that I don't like' which sometimes conflates modernist positions. Ironically these complaints are found also in the postmodernists and their more radical surrealist predecessors. I hope with all this attention people start to appreciate postmodernism for what it is and the kind of insight it offers rather than chastising it for things it isn't.
>>
>>9599171
What insight?
>>
>>9599175
Writing as performance, language as a system, disconnect between signifier/signified, inadequacy of rational structures, computers are gay, blah blah
>>
>>9599175
The NrX folks use it to explain why we should do away with democracy and establish numerous absolute Monarchists in its place.

A number of wealthy Jews use it to explain why they should be allowed to use modern """""""art"""""" as a way to launder money and get around taxes.

It acts as a catch-all phrase for "any vaguely left wing garbage I don't like for arbitrary reasons".

See? It's plenty useful!
>>
>>9599197
>Writing as performance, language as a system
Can you maybe link some of the postmodern insights about this?
>>
>>9599161
keck
>>
File: Clement_Greenberg.jpg (8KB, 220x219px) Image search: [Google]
Clement_Greenberg.jpg
8KB, 220x219px
>>9599203
theory of abstract expressionism was eastablished within modernist framework, then again, it is always insanely vague spectrum of things your sort of people label as modern art
>>
>>9599224
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Différance

is probably the best example of language as a system but also Wittgenstein (who isn't a postmodernist). By writing as performance I just mean engaging with that system, especially the postmodern philosophical texts that also demonstrate theory itself rather than offer a passive window onto the theory. Other writers play around with dichotomies and what have you. But I'm not really a postmodern scholar.

Basically: Derrida.
>>
>>9599225
In one of her lectures she doesn't have a whiteboard to draw on, instead she draws on paper. So out of nowhere she tells to audience to draw a red arrow and flips back through like 5-6 pages of nonsense to connect it to "something".
>>
>>9599290
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qrUJdytCao
>>
>>9599306
please delet
>>
The evil that men do lives after them; the same is true for philosophical movements.
>>
>>9599549
>being such an edgelord that you misquote Iron Maiden to try to seem insightful
>>
>>9599567
>being such a pleasure that you can't recognize Shakespeare
>>
>>9599576
>phoneposting
>>
>>9599576
>calling me 'a pleasure' in the middle of a heated argument
T-thanks?
>>
File: mumbojumbo.jpg (41KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mumbojumbo.jpg
41KB, 500x375px
Tief sein und tief scheinen. – Wer sich tief weiß, bemüht sich um Klarheit; wer der Menge tief scheinen möchte, bemüht sich um Dunkelheit.
>>
>>9598821
them chalkboards. how could any of that shit actually mean anything?
>>
>>9599586
Freudian slip, I guess.
>>
>postmodernism died in the 90s
Dumbest thing I've read all day, anons
>>
>>9599586
it's "th-thanks"
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.