[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So theres a magazine that I used to read when i was a drug addict.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1492763994287.png (1MB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1492763994287.png
1MB, 707x1000px
So theres a magazine that I used to read when i was a drug addict. They pay people who submit stories to them if published. I'm writing something and I wanted to know if you guys thought i should keep writing it. It's just an effort, i cbf writing any more, i'm pretty sure it's just self indulgent shit so far. let me know if you think there's any hope in continuing, or if you've got some criticism and anything i should work on. will paste what i have so far below.
>>
The guy who lives next door is a pirate. Well, i’m pretty sure he is. He has a beard and an eye patch and smells like rum. Next to him is simon, the resident junkie, who pops out of his house for a sniff around literally every time he hears someone passing. I don’t mind flicking simon a couple bucks or a dart if I can tell he’s really stinging. I remember that feeling, man. That squirming itch.
Below me is debbie, a skinny old thing, who moves more pot than anyone I’ve met before. She seems like she’s got it all figured out. She hangs with her little dog and sweeps up our block and sells weed to a fairly respectable clientele who rock up probably every hour or so. And finally there’s malcolm, who’s jolly when he’s drunk and a kind and respectful guy when he’s not. Yeah, he has PTSD, and you can tell it’s hurting him, but he’s a funny fucker and he helped me move pretty much every piece of furniture i own when i moved in.

I’m the straight man. I stopped using like a year ago, and since then I’ve crafted this new character, this guy who goes running and cooks for himself and works and studies. I’m gonna be a paramedic in a couple more years, so keep this story on the downlow. No one I know in this new city has any idea that i’m a recovering heroin addict, and i'm pretty sure i’d blow some fucken minds if anyone found out.

I think that’s the point of this piece. I really just wanted to brag. Normal people don’t get it. If you’re an ex junky and you don’t play guitar, talking about your past is a great way of getting someone to stop talking to you. I actually do play guitar but that’s not the point. The point is that someone who actually does get it is gonna have to read this.

So yeah, look at me. I’m a fucking warrior. I have 2 jobs, bout 40 hours a week (ok, 30. Some weeks 25), I study full time, I’m healthy as a zebra (made that expression up just now but feel free to use it), i quit smoking, i do this and that and whatever. I’ve gone from stealing from my mum to buying her dinner. I got a blowjob a little while back from a girl on tinder. I’m living, I have a life, and i contribute. It’s a big deal. But I can’t tell anyone. I’m terrified of telling anyone. I don’t know if anyone can relate to this, guys, but it’s like that saying about how the most painful thing to bear is an untold story. I feel like batman or something.
>>
That sounds like your diary desu and not a story. I'm not saying to stop or anything, but maybe just making it autobiographical would be more honest. Like a 21st century Junky.
>>
We have critique threads for this sort of thing.
>>
>>9598628
its fully autobiographical like it literally is a diary,
the magazine pieces that get published are mostly autobiographical. it's a government sponsored free magazine for drug addicts.
>>
>>9598629
i read that in squidwards voice
>>
its too cute
>the guy who lives next door is a pirate
reddit
>>
>>9598726
fair enough, i gravitate to being edgy (well i used to) so might be over compensating. like honestly i'd prefer it to be too cute than being cringe level edgy
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.