[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody else here read this book? The author died today so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 41t13AipKeL.jpg (23KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
41t13AipKeL.jpg
23KB, 333x500px
Has anybody else here read this book? The author died today so I thought I'd shill him here since it's a fantastic book but on an indie Portland University release (sent it by a penpal, Britfag here)

>short stories set around a small town
>Twin Peaks-esque
>stylized and idiosyncratic writing style compared to Faulkner
>post-modern but not in an overbearing way
>comfy AF natural exposition
>muh Salmonberries

Great, great book and it's a shame University Press is so limited. Hope someone pics it up.
>>
>white CIS male

We're not interested dude. It's 2017. Don't you get it?

The age of white men is over. The age of the Orc has arrived.
>>
>>9598616
Lel
>>
OP you obviously wanted a sincere conversation here so I'll bite. I just bought this book on kindle and I've read about ten pages. It's okay. You can tell it's a children's author, but it isn't all bad. Sort of like a small-time George Saunders with the excitability of John Green. A nu-male Sherwood Anderson.
>>
>>9598616
#OrcLivesMatter
>>
>>9598758
You've read ten pages. How does one have a conversation after ten pages?
>>
>>9599252
90% of the time I don't read beyond 10 pages. I get the style, I get the worldview, I get the humour. I get in, get out, and form an opinion asap.

This particular author, whose name I've already forgotten, falls into the category of writers who write like this:

>"Ummm, hey guys, author here (!), isn't life sort of sad and sweet and special and so weirdly interesting that you just can't stare at the sunset at the end of the day and think "gosh, I'm actually kinda lucky to be alive! :)". You see, reader, not all of us get what we want in life, many of us get so little we don't even get what we don't want haha! So the best thing in my opinion, at the end of the day, is to be grateful for the weirdly wonderful and quirky little life we have here on this floating rock in space. And if can laugh a little on the way, then what's the harm! :))))"

It's fucking gay bro. I want depression. I want anxiety. I want frustration. I want an autistic perspective. I want broken people. I want humour that makes normies cringe or feel disgusted. I want to read someone who bitterly articulates how disgusting life is. I want someone who frankly expresses how disgusting consciousness is for a human being. I don't want a travel brochure for Lifesville.
>>
>>9599276
>It's fucking gay bro. I want depression. I want anxiety
Lol hypocrite baka.
>>
>>9599276
Who did this to you?!
>>
Grabbed this from Mobilism, I'll try to read it tonight.
>>
>>9599355
It's a good read man.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.