[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you opened a book and this was the first chapter, would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: radio.jpg (75KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
75KB, 655x480px
If you opened a book and this was the first chapter, would you continue reading?

3am
"Wake up"
John's eyes slowly opened. Freezing, cold sweat. Soaking into the bed. Every night he would wake up like this. He staggered to the bathroom. He used a dirty towel to wipe the sweat from his face. He ripped his shirt off and threw it on the ground. Exhausted. Every night. The silence always woke him. Deafing silence that penetrated the very core of his being. Whatever was left of his being. He fell back into bed clutching the towel. He stared at the shadows and watched them dance and morph against the woodwork of his room. His room. It didnt belong to him. Nothing did. He never could call this place home. He had no home. The whispers started. From within and outside. They were talking to each other but he couldn't focus on what they said. The shadows moved more agressively. Every night this happened and he never got used to it, for every morning he would forget. Forget the whispers.
>>
>>9597523
go to critique thread

as to this, probably not

adverb used in second sentence

sentence length barely varied through first few sentences

cliched language like "deafing silence"

its not terrible, but i believe anon you need to read more and work more

hang in there anon
>>
>>9597535
Thank you. ive been trying to write this for the last five years and im fifty pages in
>>
>3am
>"Dicks"
>John's eyes slowly opened. Freezing, cold sweat. Soaking into the bed. Every night he would wake up like this.
>>
>>9597558
holy fuck
>>
>>9597566
Yea its all this nonsensical bullshit too
>>
Oh i dont mean fifty pages took five years. Ive been writing for like three months.
>>
Sleep
"I can't wait to sleep"
John walked into his room and sat on his bed. All day long a waiting game for this moment. Watching the clock tick by, counting the hours, the minutes, the seconds. Just waiting for this moment. He took his clothes off and laid down in his bed. The lights so bright almost blinding him as he stared at the ceiling. John pulled the blankets over his face. This was the only time he ever slept. The pure joy of knowing he could sleep, at least for a couple hours, is what got him through his day. It is was got him through his life. He would never dream during this time. John picked up his phone and set his alarm. Two hours. That was enough. That was all he deserved. Once you lose as much sleep as John did, you don't need it as much. There were times when he would go days without sleeping, just drifting through life and time. But there were times when he would sleep for days. Still going through life, but completely asleep in his mind. This is what it did to him. He had been managing, but his grip on his routine was slipping. Something had to give.

Awake
"Someday i'll figure this out"
By the time he came to he was already in his car. Coffee. Supress the hunger. John was always hungry. The hunger never subsided. He could eat until his stomach felt like it was going to burst. Coffee took the edge off. It's a strange feeling knowing you are looking for something that doesn't exist. But knowing it wasn't out there didn't stop him for looking. He sipped his coffee as he drove down the road. The voice in his head liked the coffee too, at least he thought they did. Sometimes it would talk so fast he could barely think. Like a spinning ball floating millimeters from your forehead. John liked when he couldn't understand it. He stopped at a red light. A sportscar pulled up next to him. He stared at the two people in the car. He would always stare. The two girls looked over at him and smiled. John looked back at the light as the rolled down the window and began shouting at him. What could they possible want? He grip tightened on the wheel. Just turn green, let me get away from this. What did they want? What did he want. They kept shouting at him. Please turn green. They were getting mad he wasn't responding to them. They threw something at his car. 'do something' He was started to get nervous. 'respond to them' How much longer. How much longer could this go on. He fought the urge to turn his head. The urge was winning. He kept his eyes on the light. Soon. Soon it would change, just keep your eyes forward. 'you need to do something' The light turned green.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.