[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I visited David Foster Wallace's house in Claremont, California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

I visited David Foster Wallace's house in Claremont, California and I parked my car down the street and looked at the house and cried.
>>
>>9593519

Me too, man....me too.
>>
It's good to have a heart.
>>
>>9593519
>David Foster Wallace got into Amherst College (legacy)
>you got rejected from Amherst College

Ree.
>>
>>9594291
Absolutely incredible library and art gallery for such a tiny school desu.
>>
>>9594291
>David Foster Wallace dropped out of the Harvard philosophy grad program
>you got into the programs and are still hanging in there

Yee.
>>
>>9594291
>David Foster Wallace got into a good school
>You were rejected from every Ivy, Amherst, and William and Mary, and now go to a state school studying mathematics with nowhere to go with it because academics are born from Harvard and now feel incompetent because everyone around you is better at math and quantitative thinking than you are so you one day casually bring up the fact that you'll probably drop out and your professor says
Aw no, keep trying anon" so that you can shill out another 20000 bucks for the college so that you can have a degree in something "respectable" but something that you also have no skill in whatsoever but have the passion for

Eee.
>>
>>9594401
What are you struggling with? I guarantee you can succeed, even if you have to spend more time going over proofs than your peers.
>>
>>9594401
get a trade or join the army, nerd. join the merchant marine and go sailing. become a fisherman. get fit and join the French foreign legion. DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
>>
DFW fanbois are little pussies ill adjusted to real life or "da water"
>>
i hope you didnt use the address in the pale king because thats not realy his house lol (725 indian hill is more like the house the author in octet lives in which i guess is kinda the joke).
his real house was in a cul-de-sac
>>
did you see the garage where he assumed room temperature?
>>
I wish he were still alive.

I wish he had finished Pale King.
>>
>>9595437
sounds like you haven't been to the water
follow me

welcome to the water...XD
>>
I cried too. I swear.

I'm writer.
>>
File: 1496519487193-lit.jpg (60KB, 1620x599px) Image search: [Google]
1496519487193-lit.jpg
60KB, 1620x599px
>>9595437
>when you read the (forthcoming?) in his notes at the end
>>
>>9595449
this meme is dead, this shit is so painfully unfunny.
>>
>>9595489
you know what else is dead? David Foster Wallace
>>
>>9595552
Not funny either. I don't mean "don't make fun of dead people" not funny, I mean "there isn't an attempt at a decent joke" not funny.
>>
>>9595562
if you don't approve of my posts downvotes are to the left snowflake
>>
>>9595449
K E K
>>
>>9595574
You know how I know you don't read? Other poster was correct. You're not funny, you're 12. Not because I don't approve of your posts, I just wish someone funnier and more intelligent would have taken up that space instead.
>>
>>9595611
I wish you weren't from reddit and didn't feel like you needed to register your wish for better quality posts with me like I'm sort of insecure autismo who is going to think to myself "OH no anon doesn't like my shitposts, I better be funnier and more intelligent or he will continue to not enjoy my shitposts and he might leave this shit board and not come back!"
>>
>>9595625
Nah, I just feel bad for you. Why post for attention something trite that immediately outs you as a brainlet?
>>
>>9595815
I think you answered your own question there boyo
>>
>>9593519
>>9595437
These aren't tears, it's just water.
>>
>>9595815
>>9595611
>>9595562
>>9595489
why are Wallace fanbois such sad cucks?
>>
This thread needs some more WADURR
>>
Reading Wallace gives me the sensation that he deeply understands and dissects the ills and follies of our contemporary world. The fact that he killed himself is deflating.
>>
>>9594427
ill let you live if you can tell me what came first...ranch...or cool ranch
>>
>>9595898
Hope this isn't irony
>>
>>9595948
It's new sincerity.

But seriously, I'm serious.
>>
File: 0f3.png (205KB, 3340x3176px) Image search: [Google]
0f3.png
205KB, 3340x3176px
>>9594401
>caring about being intelligent
>>
>>9595960
Then we agree
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.