[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>English translation of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle >read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: costanza.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>English translation of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
>read the introduction
>"we cut a few chapters because they didn't make sense and Westerners wouldn't get it lol"
>read English translation of The Sing-Song Girls of Shanghai
>read the introduction
>"we cut out the prologue and the epilogue because they sucked lol"

Why is this allowed?
>>
Jews?
Niggers?
Globalists?
SJW's?
Nazi's?
Racists?
Sexists?
Bigots?
Marxists?

take you're pick
>>
File: 1445548589939.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1445548589939.gif
81KB, 182x249px
you just won't get it
>>
>American translation of Epictetus' Enchiridion
>All instances of the word 'Zeus' are replaced by 'Jesus'
>>
>>9593349
Please let this be a joke
>>
>>9593343
Do you even know how they translate Japanese? It's not word for word or even sentence by sentence. It's paragraph by paragraph. They basically rewrite the whole book. Also what are editors? Every novel will have someone trim out extraneous shit to make the book better or at least more readable. If you asked me they could've cut a lot more chapters from that steaming pile.
>>
>>9593343
Too bad it would be still end up 900 pages of nonsense

>>9593609
I'm not paying them to bitch about how hard Japanese is in fact, I'm not paying them at all thanks to bookzzz I'm paying them to translate the fucking book. Use footnotes if Japan is too weird of a place to explain through prose.
>>
>>9593343

>Buy Norton "critical edition" of Leviathan
>hey, editors here, we cut out basically the entire 3rd part because we don't believe in Christianity and we decided you shouldn't read that part lol
>also this gives us more room for our (((interpretations) so it's a win-win lol

Great job with the Norton recommendations /lit/ really appreciate it "patricians"
>>
File: 1448638235240.jpg (22KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1448638235240.jpg
22KB, 500x333px
>English translation of Fires on the Plain
>they cut out the epilogue that dramatically alters the entire book
>no explanation is given
>>
>>9593648
Which edition?
>>
>>9593696
Tuttle Classics. Luckily one of my professors had a copy of the translated epilogue. It was originally translated, but apparently the editors cut it without giving a reason as to why. It is really significant to the plot, too, because it reveals that the book is the narrator's account he drafted in a mental hospital years later, and that his delusions of himself as a "avenging angel" were created after the fact to cover his guilt over willingly indulging in cannibalism
>>
>>9593717
I'll avoid that on Amazon then, thank you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.