[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Pedophilia's place in high-lit? EG Pynchon and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: GR.jpg (10KB, 185x272px) Image search: [Google]
GR.jpg
10KB, 185x272px
What is Pedophilia's place in high-lit? EG Pynchon and his blackball from the Pulitzer due to domination themes involving young, war-torn/traumatized youth.
>>
File: Der Fünffachnullpunkt.jpg (210KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
Der Fünffachnullpunkt.jpg
210KB, 800x782px
huh. i thought their problem was with the whole replacing-the-rocket's-explosive-charge-with-a-teenaged-boy thing.
>>
It was the Brigadier Pudding shit eating scene they found objectionable.
>>
>>9592712
I detected it in IJ; made a thread about it which got nowhere and I'm still reading to see if that theme ever becomes non-covert. Haven't read GR yet but I'm not uninterested. It was also thematic in Burroughs but more pederastic. Anyway i think maybe it is just an attempt at transgression. My idea now is that the only transgressive idea is the one where you unironically defend terrorism. But even that is old news and recent old news at that (see Baader-Meinhoff) what makes edginess so cringe is the naïveté it requires.
>>
>>9594034
There's a segment of IJ about a guy who was molested by his father. The "Wardine be cry" part also involves molestation.
>>
>>9592712
Pedophilia is mandatory in highbrow literature, and furthermore should be portrayed in the most positive light possible because it both makes plebs mad and allows the pedophile to exult in his comparative moral freedom.
>>
>>9594101
yeah that was the Peemster's brother
>>
>>9594034
>I detected it in IJ; made a thread about it which got nowhere
I don't want to be mean but I remember that thread & you are one dense fellah lmao.
>>
> Joelle and her father
> Girl whose sister is a retard and her father rapes her nightly while wearing a wig; the retarded girl enjoys it
> Pemulis' brother
> implied Avril + Orin
> overt Avril + Student (jon wayne? i forget, the Orin stand-in)

What other ones am I missing?
>>
File: jamesjoyce-1.png (56KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
jamesjoyce-1.png
56KB, 600x417px
Perversion is strongly correlated with your chances of becoming a great writer. I suggest visiting /b/ and /d/ and just trying to pick up every fetish imaginable. If you have to go to prison for your art it will just give you more time to write.
>>
>>9595444
> Girl whose sister is a retard and her father rapes her nightly while wearing a wig; the retarded girl enjoys it

Retards need loving too.
>>
>>9595495
is this exit-level or is this guy just fucked in the head
>>
Negative perversions and pedophilia cling to dark forces in Pynchon for pretty thematically obvious reasons. In Gravity's Rainbow specifically we don't see any pedophilia in the (mostly) uncorrupted England, but in the evil concentrations of global capitalist conspiracy and in the devastated wake of war where people have been reduced to something slightly more than animal. In Lot 49 pedophilia is used to succinctly tell us why we should condone Oedipa's cheating on her husband and tip us off that Emory Borts (?) (there are a lot of names to remember) and the WASTE gang are creepy.
>>
>>9595524
is there a difference?
>>
How to make a polyjuice potion
- Take 1L of sodium hypochlorite and add 5ml of ammonia.
*If you prefer you can use Cooking salt and bicarbonate
-Put this solution in a bowl and add 3 drops of arsenic(exactly 3)mix with ba Cooper spoon.
-Finally add 10ml of castor oil to give a good taste.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.