[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading Don Quixote >footnote: * The stealing of the ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: quixote[1].gif (10KB, 400x491px) Image search: [Google]
quixote[1].gif
10KB, 400x491px
>reading Don Quixote
>footnote: * The stealing of the ass is another of Cervantes' oversights. Four pages later Sancho is riding him again, and a little later once more without him

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
when authors cant be bothered to write consistently, ugh
>>
>>9591676

Was that the author or the translator?
>>
>>9591676
Don Quixote is bad with a straight face
>>
>>9591686
Don't ruin the joke, faggot
>>
I know that this is a troll thread to get people to talk about Don Quixote, but honestly, stuff like that makes me love the book even more. It gives it a greater sheen of authenticity, of being a true (as in genuine/authentic, not that it happened in real life) story told for fun rather than obsessively whittled and pared to perfection until feeling is sucked out of it.
>>
>>9591727
>tfw don't know if you're sincere
>>
>>9591765
>tfw don't know if OP and people making fun of Cervantes are sincere
>>
mexican intellectuals, everyone
>>
>>9592049
kek
>>
>>9592049
I liked this post then thought about it for a second longer and now I REALLY like this post
>>
>>9591727

desu it can all be explained away since cervantes is only "translating" the arab :^)
>>
>>9591708
You haven't read it, I see.
>>
Cervantes would love the shit out of this thread.
>>
>>9592888
Nah, just shitposting. There was a thread yesterday where someone said no one could say that, so everyone did
>>
File: 1494344166426.jpg (160KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494344166426.jpg
160KB, 750x750px
>The vomiting scene
>>
>>9591676
Was done on purpose desu.
>>
>>9591676
Flaubert had a similar error in Madame Bovary with that of the already pawned furniture being sold. Do not exaggerate.
>>
>>9591686
It's Cervantes' own joke. Don Quixote is a character of a fictitious historical recollection and study. In the fictitious "history" being recollected throughout the novel, the part OP is referencing is a criticism of the inaccuracies in continuity in the history books of the time as well as Cervantes' having a bit of a meta joke at others' expense..
>>
File: 1472395082410.png (330KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1472395082410.png
330KB, 330x319px
>>9593220
>When Sancho shits himself

>¿Qué rumor es ese, Sancho?
>>
>the scene where dulcinela gets BLACK'D
>>
>>9593654
No it isn't.

He makes it a meta joke later, but in this specific instance it is clearly an actual error (likely due to the leaving out of a certain part of the story).
>>
>>9594487
>he makes it a meta joke later

What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.