[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

currently reading pic related for anyone who's read this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

currently reading pic related

for anyone who's read this, what are your thoughts on Mr. Gaiman's interpretation of the Norse myths?

myth general thread
>>
>>9585729
>your thoughts on Mr. Gaiman's interpretation of the Norse myths?
childish, for schoolkids
>>
File: IMG_0009.jpg (85KB, 740x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009.jpg
85KB, 740x574px
>>9585729
>Neil (((Gaiman's))) family is of Polish-Jewish and other Eastern European-Jewish origins;[10] his great-grandfather emigrated from Antwerp, Belgium, to the UK before 1914[11] and his grandfather eventually settled in the south of England in the Hampshire city of Portsmouth and established a chain of grocery stores. His father, David Bernard (((Gaiman))), worked in the same chain of stores;[12] his mother, Sheila Gaiman (née Goldman), was a pharmacist.

PUMPKIN BTFO LMAO
>>
>>9585729
I was curious about it, OP. How is it so far? (I genuinely like Neil Gaiman btw)
>>
>>9585729
Read the translations of the poetic and prose edda instead, you're wasting your time.
>>
More important question is how obnoxiously fat and unwieldy can a hammer get?
>>
>>9585750
yeah it pretty much written that way with easy narration text

but it has some funny hints to more sexual jokes for adults like the story where Thor wears a dress

also throughout the book characters get drunk

but he definitely knows his myths and it seems like Gaiman really likes Loki as a character

do you have a recommendation for a more mature level retelling of the Norse myths?
>>
Kill people
>>
It's shit even for children. Crossley-Holland is GOAT.
>>
>>9585788
dubs

but which version of the Edda's did you read? Larrington's?

pick up H. R. Ellis Davidson's Gods and Myths of Northern Europe, it's a must read.

>>9585823
truth
>>
Burn shit.
>>
every time I try to read Gaiman it is just boring as fuck. I don't even think he is a bad writer, just bland, lifeless, and undeniably pandering to cash in on normies
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.