[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Book From Lord Of The Rings Author Published 100 Years After

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 3241837-8980212421-_9629.jpg (33KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
3241837-8980212421-_9629.jpg
33KB, 624x351px
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-book-from-lord-of-the-rings-author-published-1/1100-6450485/

This man is like a machine. How does he manage to keep writing books when he's been dead for over 40 years? It's amazing.
>>
>gamespot

W E W
E
W
>>
>>9583027
Huh?
>>
>it's a christopher is desperate for money/recognition again episode
>>
>>9583301
>episode
This is a book board.
>>
>>9583301
Do people really think this? I imagine the movies made them a bunch of money but I could be wrong.
>>
>>9583293
Use a real news website, /v/tard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40109396

Also, I just learned it's actually a collection of previously published versions of the story, not a novel-length version like Children of Hurin.
>>
>>9583311
The movies made them money but they are basically ashamed of the movies because as adaptations of the novels they are pretty embarrassing. I figure Chris just wants some quality material to come out of the Tolkien estate to wash out the taste of the Hobbit trilogy.
>>
>>9583313
>bbc
And you're from /tv/, I see.
>>
Laugh at my joke.
>>
File: 1466460760190.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
1466460760190.webm
3MB, 800x334px
>>9583325

> Imagine being Christopher Tolkien
> Father told you these stories as a child
> A common bond is created and both are brought closer together
> Entrusts his works to you after his death
> Continue his legacy and argue his legitimacy for decades
> sees pic related
>>
>>9583572
What is happening? Did someone have glue on his forehead?

I don't remember this part
>>
>>9583301
Christopher does a fantastic job though, so I don't really care.
>>
>>9583590
He's got an axe stuck in his head so it got stuck in the orc's head too when they headbutted

Yeah, it's stupid
>>
>>9583623
Not stupid. You're stupid. *sniff*
>>
>>9583595
Is Chris Tolkien one of the few sons who actually lives up to his father?
>>
Huh?
>>
>>9583908
WRONG
>>
>>9583572
The Hobbit novel would have been better with that scene in it.
>>
>take a story from the Silmarillion
>increase font size
>increase margins
>stretch 30 pages to 250 pages
>write an introduction comparing various manuscripts of the story that no one cares about
>sell it

Tolkien is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>9583304
Sorry, meant to write edition
>>
>>9584444
Hurin was fantastic, and Christopher went out of his way in the intro to say the successes are his fathers and the failures were his own. He only added text to link chapters and disparate sets of notes into a cohesive narrative, and I think he did so quite well.
>>
>>9583572
lmao what the fuck is happening here? I don't remember this in the final movie, is it part of the director's cut or something?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.