[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books about being a mediocre failure who will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: v3McUuH.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
v3McUuH.png
293KB, 633x758px
What are some books about being a mediocre failure who will never achieve his dreams
>>
your diary desu
>>
My diary desu
>>
our diaries desus
>>
>>9580768
>>9580770
>>9580801

Thread perfection in three posts.

Good hustle, gang.
>>
/lit/ desu

nomeme
>>
The Tunnel
>>
There are no such books since all of their authors didn't succeed.
>>
Stoner
Miss Lonelyhearts
Jason's chapter in The Sound And The Fury
>>
Oh, also JR / The Recognitions
>>
>>9581102
Quality Ken M post.
>>
>>9580768
>>9580770
>>9580801

k-keep up the good work
>>
>>9581502
Stoner was not a failure. He was a successful academic and teacher
>>
>>9580765
osamu dazai
>>
>>9580765
isn't A Little Cloud by our favorite meme all about how Little Chandler is an utterly mediocre man with delusions of writing and that his meeting with his old friend makes him see this, after he screams at this baby in impotent rage?
>>
>>9580765
The Cry of the Sloth by Sam Savage basically is a fictional diary of a /lit/ failure
>>
>>9580765
read notes from the underground and then stop being that guy
>>
>>9582589
i'm not op

how do i stop being him? it hurts so much to read this book
>>
>>9581102
Well there's welcome to the NHK, the author is actually still a hikki I think
>>
what happened buzz aldrin, amid all the confusion?
>>
Stoner Unironically
>>
>>9580765
Stoner
>>
File: macbeth3_1783052a-large.jpg (17KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
macbeth3_1783052a-large.jpg
17KB, 620x388px
>>9580765
>mediocre failure who will never achieve his dreams
It's worse to achieve your dreams. You'd know this if you posted less frogs online.
>>
>>9582604
Spend years in a labor camp and become an orthodox christian
>>
>>9581692
Yeah, Stoner was supposed to be a little bit more everyman than failure in my opinion, a stoic guy patiently enduring his misfortunes.
>>
>>9581698
This is the only answer
>>
A meaningful life

>>9584589
>>9584590
>implying stoner doesn't win
>>
The Loser by Thomas Bernhard
>>
>>9580765
what's your dream, anon?
>>
>>9580765
All of them
>>
>>9585944
to be an actor
>>
>>9580765
oblomov
>>
A confederacy of dunces, by J. K. Tool.
Simply brilliant. Guy killed himself at 31, never saw his work published. His mother talked an editor into reading his dead son's manuscript and it was just amazing. He won a posthumous pulitzer. He only left two novels, depriving the world of maybe one of the greatest writers of sXX. Don't be like J.K.
>>
>>9586869
Well at least you have a dream. Also, being an actor isn't that hard to achieve unless your dream is really to become a celebrity then you're a superficial faggot anyways.
>>
File: tobiasexcuseme.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tobiasexcuseme.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>9588665
Well, excuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeee
>>
I've come to terms with the fact that in all my writings, there are only 3 or 4 passages that are significantly profound and worth uttering aloud, adnd the rest of it is all shit.

I once sought to be a writer, and I've written my demise in the pages of my life; utter failure.
>>
>>9580765
Watch amadeus
>>
>>9589224
Salieri is known worldwide. There's a wikipedia article on him. He lived an excellent life getting paid by wealthy patrons to play music and make plays.

Meanwhile I have a retarded degree thats good for wiping my ass with and I think about suicide daily because I could have never imagined I'd still be living with my parents at twenty fucking nine.
>>
>>9589205
This is a form of self masturbation and procrastination. If you want to write write all day as much as you can and dont worry about the outcome dont think about how shitty u are just put in the work and greatness will come and if greatness doesnt come you will still be able to write young adult fiction and make some money so fuck it write write write you are only a failure once u stop. Dont be a tortured artist. Those people are fucking idiots. Writing is the same as anything else you dont see welders wallowing about their craft. Its literally the same shit.
>>
File: 1495678367190.png (126KB, 402x398px) Image search: [Google]
1495678367190.png
126KB, 402x398px
>>9589361
>you are only a failure once u stop

And you're only wet when you get out of the water.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.