[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more articulate? I always feel like I can think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How do I become more articulate? I always feel like I can think and write pretty well, but when it comes to having conversations with people, I always come across as a dumbass. I forget words, stumble, speak very slowly, etc. Any tips, oh wise 4channers?
>>
Practice. Talk to people more.
>>
File: 1494828712726.jpg (5KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1494828712726.jpg
5KB, 253x199px
Stop communicating.
>>
The hardest part about talking to people is getting out of your own way. Don't think in words, go with feelings and the situation at hand instead of trying to reason your way into saying the right thing.

In other words, just be yourself! :^)
>>
This isn't a literature thread, but really the key pointers are to stay within your vocabulary at the moment in time, speak to your audience, and don't think about what you are going to say as much as you want to. Have an idea of what you want to communicate and simply try to speak it on the cuff. If you think ahead you'll trip over your words. Remove any filler uhhs or umms and replace them with thoughtful silence. And do it a lot. Talk to people. Talk to everyone. Life is a game, and you gotta grind every skill.
>>
>>9576438
It's a very important skill that will enhance every area of your life. Practice everyday for like ten minutes. I have been doing it since November and started as a mumbling ape. I expect by the end of the year I could run a show if I wanted. Shit is a really great skill to have, and it also improves your writing as well.
>>
Talk more. Do something like toastmasters.
>>
You need to practice. Record yourself on vocaroo, otherwise my suggestion is get a part-time job doing telemarketing or similar, you will get paid and learn to speak clear and in a good tempo.
>>
>>9576438
Fuck articulation. That's for English majors.
>>
>>9576438
Write about spiders. Seriously
>>
>>9576438
Talk to yourself. It helps.
>>
oh shit looks like the social media marketing intern for john green's publisher just got into the office after the long weekend, how's it going? go to any good bbqs over memorial day?
>>
Join the army and get reprimanded every time you sperg out or act like a slow cunt
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.