[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why isn't the unexamined life worth living? Is it because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: mister rogers neighborhood.jpg (14KB, 220x302px) Image search: [Google]
mister rogers neighborhood.jpg
14KB, 220x302px
So why isn't the unexamined life worth living?

Is it because people that think this are pretentious assholes? Yes, I believe so.
>>
>>9575774
Greeks BTFO by a guy who posts frogs and pisses in jars
>>
>>9575786
The Greeks were gay pedophiles anon, always remember this before placing them on an intellectual pedestal.
>>
>>9575795
Yeah, they were patrician
>>
>>9575795
I don't get what morals have to do with intellects.
>>
>>9575795
>Muh morals
xD
>>
Becuase you would just be a mindless automoton.

Maybe a better way to say it is, if you havent examined life then you arent really living.
You are more like an npc in a vidro game.
>>
>>9575786
>>9575795
>>9575774
Thats not even a greek lmao
>>
File: socrates1.jpg (55KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
socrates1.jpg
55KB, 431x450px
>>9575774
Socrates was charged with corrupting the youth, really by getting them to think about decisions using reason. It's really about living a life based on reason. This also involves regular everyday choices, to carefully consider actions. When this is maximized to the highest degree you'll cultivate your life and have lived the examined life. Using reason to create a system of values. Not dong so and you'll lead and unexamined life. An unexamined life is full of unwarranted conclusions. Are you going to be directed by your emotions? Most people don't use reason for beliefs or opinions. How? The biggest example is right in the Apology as the jury chooses to put Socrates to death. An examined life will give you satisfaction and be worth living.
>>
>>9576311
So you think reason is the meaning of life?

But that's not fun at all anon.
>>
>>9575795
Of course I always remember this before rightfully putting them on their pedestal.
>>
>>9575774
t. Non-life-examiner
>>
File: 354.png (59KB, 200x354px) Image search: [Google]
354.png
59KB, 200x354px
>>9576311

>yfw schmucks actually believe this
>>
>>9576513
Examined my life, realized it was better left unexamined. BTFO
>>
>>9576538

In that case the unexamined life is only assigned worth after examination.
>>
>>9576170
dolphins don't examine much. they seem to be living a pretty good life.
>>
>>9575774
Simply because those who started a rational discourse on ethics led a an examined life.
Setting a normative ethic without examining your life is conceptually impossible.

Read Arendt's The Life of the Mind
>>
>>9576311
the jury put socrates to death because he was a fucking pedo
>>
unexmined life worth living.

false correlation between knowledge and well-being.
>>
>>9575774
people who do things without a plan end up doing them badly.
>>
>>9576703
You can't prove this. They might be more intelligent than you think and have an intensive inner monologue.
>>
>>9575774

sage
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.