[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I've read about 250 pages of this book, and although

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Okay, so I've read about 250 pages of this book, and although I was in stitches for about the first 150 pages or so, I was wondering if the rest of the book is just the same stuff for another 600 pages?
It really is funny, but it's getting a bit formulaic now and the jokes are the same.
Will I be rewarded if I stick to it?

Thanks. Hope we can stay close friends
>>
You won't understand it unless you read it in Spanish
>>
>>9575107
On the contrary I won't understand it at all if I read it in Spanish.
>>
>>9575099
1st part gets a bit dry when they're at the inn listening to the random traveller's stories.

2nd part is a lot more fun, because everyone in Spain has heard about Quixote and decides to play along with his madness.
>>
The second book is better and different, but if it being "formulaic" bothers you, you might as well quit.
>>
>>9575123
>>9575125
Thanks, lads.
>>9575107
I do.
>>
>>9575099
>Don Quijote is formulaic
Dude what
>>
>>9575147
>wannabe knight-errant takes ordinary real-life events and constructs a delusional fantasy around it
>invariably ends up getting the shit kicked out of him and his sidekick
>squire complains
>DQ assures him that things will turn around
>repeat
>>
>>9575163
>reading classics for the plot
You're supposed to enjoy the prose, the dialogues, the way the dynamics between characters evolve, the narrative techniques Cervantes uses (which are plenty and fantastic), etc. If that greentext is all you can get from Don Quijote you might as well stop reading it.
>>
>>9575178
Which of his narrative techniques did you most enjoy?
>>
>>9575184
The use of the false author Cide Hamete Benengeli. Cervantes stops narrating the adventures of DQ mid-action (creating the concept of suspense in literature) to talk about how he found the manuscript in a flea market etc etc.
>>
>>9575163
Yes, but never mind that each of the situations he finds himself in are very different. To name a few: That time he saves the boy from being whipped by his master, time when his books are burnt, when they encounter dead guy and uncaring girl he loved, when they meet a funeral procession in the middle of then night, or when they meet prisoners on the way to gallerias.

Each time it is different. You might not see it or purposely try to fit it in some formula for whatever reason instead of enjoying the book
>>
>>9575099
The end is beautiful and provocative, i recommend finishing it
>>
>>9575224
>>9575271
>>9575202
Thanks guys
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.