[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading "The Last Wish". Is the rest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I just finished reading "The Last Wish". Is the rest of the series good or am I better off abandoning ship?
>>
Motherfucker if you liked it keep reading, if you didn't then don't
>>
do you really need to ask 4chan whether or not you should continue a series after reading the first book which only you know whether you liked or not?
>>
>>9574294
The next book is quite expensive in the country that I live in since it has to be imported, so I would like to hear others' opinions on it before buying it. Don't get me started on "eBook" bullshit because that's also expensive to buy here and I prefer the feel of books.
>>
juest play the game nigger
>>
Just read Sword of Destiny and stop there. The rest of the books are more like like novels, and aren't as interesting as the short stories from LW and SoD.
>>
>>9574273
The novels do tend to water down a little but if you loved the atmosphere of the world (as I did) then they're great. The hospital chapter in the last books is legit the best chapter in fantasy imo
>>
>>9574326

This.

The rest of the books follow a story where Geralt has to save a little girl, and it's just not that interesting. I dropped it. But the short stories were fun. Has that Conan vibe of leaving the world a little mysterious and boundless, but giving you just enough to feel like it's concrete, and you want to see more.

I could probably read Conan short stories endlessly desu.
>>
>>9574273
> better off abandoning ship
Yes.
>>
>>9574273
If you didn't enjoy it stop. If you did find something special about it, read The Sword of Destiny. It's a very similar format to TLW, and has some good short stories. If you want more of the characters, or plan on playing the games, then read the novels, though their quality isn't as good as the short story compilations.
>>
>>9574311
>expensive to buy
Pretty sure I've seen a torrent somewhere for the whole series.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.