[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the longest novel you've ever read? For me it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: marxvsrand.jpg (277KB, 1024x805px) Image search: [Google]
marxvsrand.jpg
277KB, 1024x805px
What is the longest novel you've ever read?

For me it is still Atlas Shrugged. I was able to do it in a relatively short time because I read it during summer in college when I had little to do otherwise, but now I find it hard to read books that long any more.
>>
not even a marxist but equating marx and rand is just offensive. rand was an untrained and unlearned writer who only got recognition because she told the elites what they wanted to hear. as a philosopher she is nothing, on par with self help hucksters or cheap magazine columnists. marx was an intellectual.
>>
>communist uses guns and violence
>libertarian uses logic and reason
accurate picture
>>
>>9570806
Isnt it a joke? I don't think they are seriously equating the two.
>>
>>9570806
maybe this is contrarian or simply faggotry but

you may not like rand's politics but she was actually a pretty good writer. being untrained only shows that she had a natural talent, and some of the best books she wrote were on advice to writers

i honestly think she just got carried away with the whole idea of romanticism and her love of victor hugo and spiralled off into pseudo-overman type stuff. she was a good writer and would be the greatest fucking creative writing instructor you could have, she'd argue you into the ground over stuff but it would be worth it

atlas shrugged isn't my favorite novel but this woman was the living definition of an author and she gave a damn about the craft. she's underrated like that i think
>>
>>9570813
it's a minimal damage self-deprecating joke on rand's part but obviously drawn by a "free" market cuck because nobody else would even think of drawing ayn rand as a philosopher, also the clear moral superiority coded into rand being blue against orange and passive/rational as opposed to violent as this poster pointed out >>9570812
>>
>>9570826
inb4 kys randcuck

>ok, will an hero momentarily

but seriously like you wouldn't want to hear this from a writing prof
>>
Warren Peas
>>
>>9570806
>intellectual
>unemployed communist

Pick one.
>>
>>9570784
That is a very flattering portrayal of how Rand looks.
>>
>>9570894
That is a very flattering portrayal of how Marx looks.
>>
>>9570826
>She was a pretty good writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U
>>
>>9570784
Don Quixote, I think
>>
>>9570784
>Jew debates Jew
Gee, I wonder who wins.
>>
>>9570784
In Search of Lost Time
>>
IT
my fav book
>>
File: 1480802468931.gif (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480802468931.gif
3MB, 480x320px
>>9570953
>implying
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.