[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ do with books once you've finished reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 13942701387614.jpg (29KB, 314x193px) Image search: [Google]
13942701387614.jpg
29KB, 314x193px
What does /lit/ do with books once you've finished reading them? Do you discard them? Sell them? Give them away? How do you decide which of those you don't part with, assuming you don't do any of the above?
>>
>what are bookshelves
>>
>>9566212
Ones that I really liked and know I will give them another read are kept, Books that I know I won't read again go to the charity shop.
>>
I keep most of them. If I'll read them again, or have someone in mind to lend it to, then I'll keep them. Sometimes I sell them to a second hand bookshop, but it's rare I get a book like that because I'm usually certain I'll like something if I buy it.
If it's not my book, I usually give it back, but if I think I'll read it again, I steal it.
>>
>>9566220

>having a limited amount of space in which to place bookshelves, having already filled several to capacity
>>
>>9566212
see >>9566220
also, use a public library
you don't need to buy every book you're going to read, you know
>>
>>9566238

OP here.
see >>9566233

I use the local library for stuff I know I'd prefer to read but not buy, but I'm sort of a materialist when it comes to books I've purchased. Just curious as to what people prefer to do with their books once they've 'served their purpose'.
>>
I just keep 'em, they will be useful filling the shelves of the library of my mansion.
>>
>>9566247
>once they've 'served their purpose'.
if you see them as disposable products, why buy 'em in the first place?
i only keep books that hold some sentimental value to me (e.g. the books from my childhood; not to be confused with juvenile literature), and those i need to study from
i'll usually buy one when i stumble across some title that's normally hard to get your hands on
other than that, it's mostly library and e-books
>>
>>9566282

Once they've been read, so to speak. I figure people's opinions regarding the purpose of books vary, but I personally see books more than disposable products.
>>
>>9566212
Library or Ebooks are obvious answers, I only accrue new books browsing at used bookstores or estate sales
>>
>>9566305
well, if you feel like you'll get back to a certain title, or just want to keep such possibility at hand, it's only reasonable to keep it
if you're a collector, that's a whole 'nother issue
anyway, collector is just a fancy name for a hoarder imo
>rent a storage unit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.