[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which language has more untranslatable texts: German or French?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

Which language has more untranslatable texts: German or French? And what about Latin, is it more fruitful to learn over French or German?
>>
Learn the language you like best and the country you like best

Considering how to translate something you need to be completely fluid in that language, you will spend 10+ years learning it to fluidity. And you won't get anywhere without total immersion by living in the country

Tl;dr: wanting to be a translator in a language you don't yet know is a bad idea
>>
>>9565359
/thread
>>
>>9565359
I dont want to be a translator I was just wondering which language had the most texts which would be better read in the original rather than in translation.
>>
>>9565471
Oh

In that case I'd go with German because french lit sucks
>>
>>9565476

As a french man i kinda agree (don't touch my waifu rousseau tho)
>>
File: 1488453404546.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488453404546.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>9565476
>>
Learn Russian if you want to read good lit that is translated poorly or not translated at all.
>>
>>9565479
>Rousseau
ew
>>
>>9565099
French into English is easier to translate than German into English, simply because German deals with a lot of compound words which can be used with a certain ambiguity, especially in continental philosophy.
>>
File: greatbooks.jpg (172KB, 1080x580px) Image search: [Google]
greatbooks.jpg
172KB, 1080x580px
>>9565099
Just be aware the greatest pomo novels haven't been translated yet. Because they're Italian and too difficult for English translators-cucks.
>>
>>9565359
debora smith translated the vegetarian (korean novel) after three years of learning korean.
she got some help with koreans friends who lived in the UK but she didn't need to go to the country or anything.
translating requires more knowledge about the language you're translating to than about the language you're translating from.
>>
>>9565499
And both are easier to translate in spanish due to its flexibility and many forms of one verb
>>
>>9565493
Rousseau is the overman of his time and was saved the sad fate of being meme to death like Voltaire
>>
Every text is translatable. Naysayers are just memeing.
>t. pro translator
>>
>>9565700
>t. retard who thinks that translating literature and legal docs is the same
>>
>>9565712
It isn't, but both are translatable.
>>
>>9565359
>fluid
>fluidity
Had a hearty kek, thanks anon
>>
>>9565700
kek what a loser
>>
>>9565505
It's been translated into German.
>>
>>9565863
Yeah, I was referring to English
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.