[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do dust jackets serve any practical purpose besides making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dustjacket_2.jpg (100KB, 1500x917px) Image search: [Google]
dustjacket_2.jpg
100KB, 1500x917px
Do dust jackets serve any practical purpose besides making the book look pretty?
>>
>making the book look pretty

they don't even do that
>>
Nope, at least not anymore. They are a sign of "luxury". They also make the book more collectible.
>>
They mainly advertise the book in the store, and they also protect it from being damaged by dust.
>>
>>9562852
Are you actually retarded

DUST jacket

DUST

FUCKING

DUST

JACKET

TO

KEEP

DUST

OFF

THE

BOOK
>>
So, it's okay if I throw away the ripped dust jackets from the old hardcovers I bought at a used bookstore?
>>
Arguably the main reason books are made in the current year is because they look pretty
>>
>>9562959
Just because you say arguably doesn't make it actually arguably.
>>
Book condom.
Just throw that shit away its just gonna tear and be generally uncomfortable while reading.
>>
i use the flaps as a book marker

and you can write inside of them without writing in the book and they do look different from the black covers the book has

i like them
>>
>>9563125
>black
blank
>>
you can use a harry potter jacket over obscure books so you don't get weird looks in public
>>
The only purpose they serve is to be annoying, Dump them.
>>
>>9562952
I don't understand why you'd need to keep dust off a book. It doesn't damage it. And you'll still have dust on the jacket so the amount of dust collected isn't reduced or anything. Also most of the time a book is surrounded by other books on both sides so dust won't collect on the surfaces the jacket covers anyway. They're useless.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.