[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the philosophy for being a dick to people? If none,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0266.png (979KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0266.png
979KB, 640x1136px
What's the philosophy for being a dick to people?

If none, what is some literature that embodies pure hatred and assholery
>>
go outside you clown
>>
Tosh.O's philosophy
>>
Machiavellianism.
Objectivism
>>
In Wm Hazlitt's Table Talk one finds the long essay On the Pleasure of Hating, an odd duck although not near so odd as his Liber Amoris, which is a complete embarrassment.
>>
Whistler too if I'm not mistaken contributes to this literature.
>>
>>9562133
Be undersized. Be scared of girls. Take the "red pill." Read 48 Laws of Power. Read The Prince. Seethe over "Chad." Speak to no one IRL. Ruminate on your lack of success with women, your lack of success in your career. Rage over lookism. That's the path most frogposters take I think.
>>
>>9563861
It's not really being a dick to people when you're an autismo that barely interacts with them irl.
>>
File: 1495931668947.jpg (28KB, 512x397px) Image search: [Google]
1495931668947.jpg
28KB, 512x397px
>>9563861

I am so glad none of these describe me.
>>
>>9563862
It is extremely rude.
>>
Sade is worth mentioning.
>>
http://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

Grrm gonna need some adderall
>>
>>9562133
>what is some literature that embodies pure hatred and assholery

Les Chants De Maldoror, hands down
>>
File: 1452409116520.png (32KB, 1044x444px) Image search: [Google]
1452409116520.png
32KB, 1044x444px
>>9562133
http://orgyofthewill.net
the only person i can think of who would actively self-campaign for being known as the biggest dick on earth

>>9562141
>go outside you clown
this is a better answer tho, fpbp
>>
>>9565045
There's also "Mr. Mean-Spirited", but he's a terrible writer.
>>
>>9562620
this. Ayn Rand really hit that particular fuck you I have mine philosophy that asshole libertarians just eat up
>>
>>9562133
Schopenhauer ''38 Ways to Win an Argument''.

Only a piece of shit could use these techniques: it showed me that I would have totally hated Schopenhauer, had I met him in his lifetime.
>>
>>9565383
He was being satirical you nitwit. He's mocking people who use those methods.
>>
>>9562620

Machiavelli was a deeply moral man, and his philosophically is not meant for the individual, but for the ruler.

For example, Machiavelli admired Cesare Borgia. This wasn't because Cesare was a nice guy - not at all. What Cesare was, however, was both strong and predictable. What mattered to Machiavelli was that the ruler stayed in power for as long as power and that his aura was strong enough to dissuade people from being unlawful, which would ultimately result in rebellions and greater bloodshed (or invasion, if your ruler was too weak to even protect his land).

I don't know where you fucking maggots get your knowledge on Machiavelli, because it seems to me like none of you have done even a cursory reading of him. You don't even have common sense. Like, yeah, man, this fucking Christian dude that wrote moralizing works and a humanist at heart definitely advised that we should just kill everyone and acquire power, amirite? Makes perfect sense.

>>9565376

How did she do that? I mean, her writings on government aside (which I don't agree with), Rand only advises that you act selfishly. Selfishness does not equate immorality. You could be easily be a selfish person and dedicate your life to bringing Africans out of poverty, for example. Why? Because it's your life and you can do whatever you want with it. What Ayn Rand was against is society/the government telling you what you should do and whom you sacrifice yourself for. She wasn't against charity or helping others. Why do you people only mouth what you've heard others say, when you haven't read the authors in question?
>>
>>9565427
At least he wasn't one of those "le Machiavelli was merely pretending" morons
>>
>>9562620
Machiavelli was merely pretending
>>
>>9562133
Dostoyevsky's
>>
File: dfwat.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dfwat.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>9566693
>>9567143
>>
>>9565427
remember when some strawdude at a dinner party sniggers, "money is the root of all evil" and Francisco daconia gets triggered hard and delivers a 15-minute uninterrupted monologue about how money is actually just a tool and it's the evil moochers who are fucking the country? remember when everyone in the room as well as the reader was forced to sit through that because Rand thinks she's just that original and noteworthy?

you're like francisco. in fact anyone who sweats over the intricacies of Rand's "philosophy" is like francisco. it's like, yeah, you're technically right, but you're right in an extremely pedantic and odious way and everyone around you doesn't care
>>
>>9567143
This
>>
>>9565033
Wow. In EVERY respect (with its complete lack of respect) too. Rarely do this but
/thread
>>
You want to learn sophistry, not philosophy. Philosophy risks teaching your opponent something, Sophistry just makes them look like a dipshit while they know you were talking out your ass.
>>
>>9567564

I don't sweat over the intricacies of anything. I'm not an objectivist, and I don't enjoy Rand's novels. The only positive thing that resulted from her existence is Bioshock's existence. But that doesn't mean people get to misrepresent her when they have no idea what they're talking about. I would say that at least over half of the people on this board haven't even read the authors they purport to know, yet they speak of them with a confidence that isn't even found in PhD holders. Now that is annoying.
>>
File: The Dwarf.jpg (92KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
The Dwarf.jpg
92KB, 500x750px
>>9562133
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.