[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are The Iliad and The Odyssey always included in the "start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: greeks.jpg (38KB, 339x500px) Image search: [Google]
greeks.jpg
38KB, 339x500px
Why are The Iliad and The Odyssey always included in the "start with the greeks" lists?

Aren't they basically the genre fiction of its time?
>>
>>9561876
Why are you such a retard?

Aren't you basically the biggest moron of our time?
>>
do you ever think before you post?
>>
haha wow srsly haha
>>
>>9561876
idk, they're not even good.
>>
>>9561926
>>9561939
>>9561944
>m-muh greeks!!!
>>
>>9561956

who are you trying to impress?
>>
>>9561876
nah that shit happened
>>
mythology of its time
>>
>poem about an actual real war that did in fact happen
>basically the genre fiction of its time
wdhbt
>>
>>9561876
Because for the greeks, as well as basically every educated Westerner prior to the 20th century, they were the single most important poems

>Aren't they basically the genre fiction of its time?
If you acknowledge that the genre fiction meme is basically inaccurate then why are you using it derogatorily?

>>9561983
>about an actual real war that did in fact happen
Senpai....
>>
>>9562053
trojan war denial is retarded
>>
>>9561876
Because they inspired the majority of western literature. The themes in almost any given work of fiction can be traced back to The Iliad and The Odyssey.
>>
Because they basically expresses a great part of the spirit and ideals of the Greeks through their mythology and because the first form of philosophy was poetry and sculpture.
>>
>>9561876
Very subtle and effective bait, I give you a 9/10.
>>
File: Series_ep26_125.jpg (63KB, 550x425px) Image search: [Google]
Series_ep26_125.jpg
63KB, 550x425px
>>9561876
>fiction
>>
>>9561876
Both have masterfull verses.
>>
>>9561876
Worse: they were the tweets of their time, only they hadn't invented limits on number of characters back then.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.