[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is humanism? It gets mentioned on this board quite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: vonne.png (531KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
vonne.png
531KB, 650x487px
What exactly is humanism? It gets mentioned on this board quite a bit so I thought I'd ask.

Outside of /lit/ I've mostly seen it brought up by atheists as a basis for a morality without religion or some-such. In reality it seems like it's just a way for 400lbers to meme that we're all space brothers working towards a techno-enlightenment without the need for borders or god.

oh and they always point to the founding fathers as some sort of primitive example of themselves.
>>
any system or mode of thought or action in which human interests, values, and dignity predominate.
>>
presuming here but we all live in humanist societies today, but once upon a time theological, or divine, issues were prioritised over human concerns. humanism is a rejection of that thinking. or im wrong idk, im not a 1600s scotsman
>>
>>9560153
It's a bunch of different things that correlate to this >>9560155

It differs quite a bit, maybe read the Wikipedia article on it, it's pretty short and straight-forward. It describes the Philosophical systems and modes of thought and their origins, basically.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanism

"humanism" in of itself can just refer to an action benefiting humanity too, not necessarily any philosophical connotations. You might be humanist simply by being concerned for humanity's welfare, future and views.
>>
>>9560153
but anon, we are all space brothers who ought to work towards techno enlightenment
>>
>>9560184
Also this: https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/p/pico_della_mirandola/giovanni/dignity/
>>
File: dugin-roleplays-as-this-guy.jpg (96KB, 350x452px) Image search: [Google]
dugin-roleplays-as-this-guy.jpg
96KB, 350x452px
>>9560172
That explains why modern society is so shitty. After all, all politics is predicated on theology,
>>
>>9560377
Agreed on this
>>
>>9560153
An excuse to be a pussy
>>
File: MythopoeticPepe.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
MythopoeticPepe.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>9560153
It is the dialectical confluence of pagan and Christian morality.

Christianity could not handle the increasing technicity of industrial production, and neither could it handle the scientific method.

But the scientific method could not destroy the values of Jesus Christ, hence there was a call to incorporate its values with a new pagan morality which exalted the individual and his accomplishments.
>>
Nihilism
>>
>>9560411

that is not a full thought
>>
>>9560489
Bad theology = bad politics and vice versa.

Current bad theology: secularized Christianity in the form of humanism (see >>9560452).
>>
>>9560452
The principle of 2+2=4 is tyranny and I refuse it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.