[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grab the nearest book, turn to page 58, and post the third sentence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 30

File: annie-twin-peaks.jpg (49KB, 490x288px) Image search: [Google]
annie-twin-peaks.jpg
49KB, 490x288px
Grab the nearest book, turn to page 58, and post the third sentence. Let's go! Mine is "Outside the building rain poured down."
>>
"A Tale of Two Cities?"
>>
Wherefore we fail to recognise them.
>>
Great thy gain if thou learnest;
>>
She really looked worried about it.
>>
"Why have I been in doubt up to this very moment?"
>>
The content of the economic institution of private capital is therefore the independent form (whether a small manufacturer or a giant multinational corporation).
>>
>>9559715
Wow I fell asleep
>>
>>9559715
Throw that garbage in the trash can please
>>
In three days it had completed the march from Sicca, to come and exterminate everything in Carthage.
>>
"Can you complete the grid?"

It's a puzzle book.
>>
Ron and Hermione had been so deeply involved in helping Sirius escape from the Ministry of Magic that they were almost as concerned about Harry's godfather as he was.
>>
>>9559729
4th one?
>>
>>9559656
"Nor is it surprising that they should try as far as possible to stay together, there are many affinities here, some already known, others that are about to be revealed, for example, it was the pharmacist's assistant who sold eye-drops to the girl in the dark glasses, this was the taxi-driver who took the first blind man to the doctor, this fellow who has identified himself as being a policeman found the blind thief weeping like a lost child,and as for the hotel maid, she was he first person to enter the room when the girl with the dark glasses had a screaming fit."
>>
They manipulated the names in an effort to turn them into a talisman, an instrument of dominion over nature, unaware-as you are unaware, with your machine-that every letter is bound to a part of the body, and shifting a consonant without the knowledge of its power may affect a limb, its position or nature, and then you find yourself deformed, a monster. Physically, for life; spiritually, for eternity."
>>
>The idle everywhere consume a great part of it; and, according to the different proportions in which it is annually divided between those two different orders of people, its ordinary or average value must either annually increase or diminish, or continue the same from one year to another.

Prize question: What is "it" he is talking about?
>>
The Dragon swooped - no - thats not the word. The Dragon landed, like some mighty instrument of war, before her very feet. His face a miasmic, protean horror, she couldn't but look, her terror impotent. Though the face before her spoke of unimagined circles of Hell, down betwixt his mighty bescaled thighs there hung a phallus of such beauty of wonder it neutralised her every fear. She didn't know what to think.
>>
>>9559656
Yet thine is my resplendency, so given
>>
The truth rushed down on me like a burying avalanche. I was not a poet
>>
"Could you give me a massage?"
>>
>>9559776
>its ordinary or average value must either annually increase or diminish, or continue the same from one year to another.

wow man deep insight, it'll either change or stay the same! amazing!
>>
>>9559656
"To his amazement, the peanuts began the move across the soil".

It's a book of Chinese folklore.
>>
It is hard to isolate a moral quality in the free act
>>
Pomyślał sobie nawet, czy aby się nie pomylił, miał bowiem przed sobą zupełnie młodą twarzyczkę dziewczynki w wieku lat szesnastu, może nawet piętnastu - drobnej, ładniutkiej, jasnowłosej.
>>
"It is a sign of an elementary proposition, that no elementary proposition can contradict it."
>>
>>9559827
lol he's pointing to a correlation.
>>
>>9559827
lots of academic texts are written by the mildly autistic
>>
Such a bad joke, bad dream, bad poem, so different, this cr

cr

cr

cr

cr

e a k, ik e y, ev ie, ea tor.
>>
>>9559656
"Ryan leveled his Heckler & Koch HK33, chambered with 5.56mm caseless rounds, at the disgusting mutie, "You want some?" He said, hoping the mutie did."
>>
The Dhamma is thus the Nature of Things.
>>
>>9559656
Her thoughts go back to Kuala Lumpur, when she was young on nearly young, when she spent three nights in a row with Emmanuel Egudu, also young then.
>>
File: wojakballoon.png (2MB, 1536x1286px) Image search: [Google]
wojakballoon.png
2MB, 1536x1286px
>>9559656
>mfw the nearest book only has 50 pages
You get third sentence from page 48 instead.

57. Despise also all cowards; professional soldiers who dare not fight, but play; all fools despise !
>>
>He is the "giver of life from the beginning," life "springs up to us from his destruction," and the germ which procedes from him engenders life in both dead and the living.
>>
Ma questo sarebbe un immenso ideale: chiedere sempre, instancabilmente, a ciascuno che cosa l'offende, lo priva, lo tortura, e compensare, abbracciare, riaccendere.
>>
You look very pleased with yourself.

It's a book about grammar.
>>
This wise man with his forty thoughts seems to me a fool; but I believe he knows well enough how to sleep
>>
It's all one sentence and it starts on the previous page and doesn't end on this one
>>
"I wouldn't advise you to jump out of the kitchen window, because you'd fall into the rose bed in the garden, damage the bushes and have to pay for them. From the window of the sitting-room you'll fall beautifully on to the pavement and if you're lucky you'll break your neck."
>>
>>9559981
At least say what it is
>>
We lay on our backs, looking at the ceiling and wondering what God wrought when He made life so sad.
>>
ルネ - そこまであなたが言うなら私も言うわ。
That's a really bland sentence considering it's Madame de Sade (Mishima)
>>
"A XVI. és XVII. század vallásháborúiban a protestánsok és a katolikusok egyaránt erőteljes, ízes magyar nyelvet használtak"

Or

"Mijako meglepve nézett Macsie szemébe"

Same distance between the books
>>
Tomorrow, Sweet O will come to me and everything will be as simple, direct, and delimited as a circle.
>>
>>9559656
La ecuación característica deducida de la matriz de tensiones es, en un punto de un sólido elástico, la siguiente:

SIGMA^3 - 5*SIGMA^2 - 8*SIGMA + 12 = 0
>>
Without question, we are cuckoo for pyramids.
>>
"When the critical sensibility that prevailed in Britain and America during the second half of the twentieth century turned to Spenser, it found little in him to justify the eminence he had held for three hundred years."
>>
El Cojo rengueaba del pie izquierdo; decían que en esa pierna tenía una cicatriz en forma de cruz, recuerdo de un chancho que lo había mordido cuando dormía, pero nadie se lo había visto.
>>
>>9560021
Santa...!
>>
File: 1492278981698.jpg (122KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492278981698.jpg
122KB, 750x750px
"From the outlying districts -as happens every evening in the town- a gentle breeze wafted a murmur of voices, smells of roasting meat, a gay, perfumed tide of freedom sounding on its way, as the streets filled up with noisy young people released from shops and offices."

It all starts so peaceful and mundane... reminded me of Lynch in that respect.
>>
Wegen seiner recht freigeistigen Einstellung bekam er mit den Authoritäten Scherereien, und als er die Ignoranz des Klerus öffentlich attackierte, brachte ihm das vierzehn Jahre Kerker ein.
>>
Mysteries precede humankind
>>
>>9559656
In China there is a much stronger belief in the importance of collective effort.
>>
>>9559829
Name?
>>
True, there seemed to have been a breach of the natural order in that apparition of Augustine in the grotesque chamber under the wave but several explanations might be forthcoming, including that of a temporary psychic malaise, a phantasm such as would arise from taking mescalin or morphine.
>>
E questo è il male che l'eresia fa al popolo cristiano, che rende oscure le idee e spinge tutti a diventare inquisitori per il proprio bene personale.
>>
Thus, a convenient definition of "injective" is this: a function f : A -> B is injective if and only if f(x1)= f(x2) implies x1 = x2
>>
'By all the signs a nasty, petty-arrogant little chappie,' flashed through Miusov's head.

>>9560012
We, by Zamyatin
>>
>>9559656
They passed mud hovels where people lay murder in all attitudes of death in the doorways and the floor, naked and swollen and strange
>>
>>9559656
'those rats died of plague,' was his conclusion.
>>
Basically you are right, of course.
>>
Cumbershum trotted up toward the congregated passengers and ordered them back to their cabins or to the mess.
>>
>>9560211
Camus you hack
>>
I was morbidly sensitive as a man of our age should
>>
>>9560235
Thats not the only Plague refernce in this thread you hack.
>>
>>9559656
But he said, "Why should my lord be so kind to me?"
>>
>>9559656
"Every orthodoxy, whether it draws its validity from religion or from being venerable and ancient, is a system for preventing mutations of the structures that ensure stability"
>>
>>9560047
What's this from? I feel,I should recognize it
>>
"Our sensations being very much fixed to the moment, we are apt to forget that more moments are to follow the first, and consequently that man should arrange his conduct so as to suit the whole of a life."
>>
>>9559656
There are such unfortunates.
>>
why am a I seeing all these twin peaks pictures now that I started watching it
>>
The roof ridges of the boys' dormitories, standing in a row beyond the athletic field, and the copse beyond them seemed to be motionless in sleep.
>>
File: 182036-004-39731BEC.jpg (47KB, 533x450px) Image search: [Google]
182036-004-39731BEC.jpg
47KB, 533x450px
>Genealogy, in the sense of the term Foucault derives from Nietzche, is based on the premiss that historical institutions and other features of social organization evolve not smoothly and continuously, gradually developing their potential through time, but discontinuously, and must be understood in terms of difference rather than continuity, as one social formation appropriates and abruptly reconfigures an older instutition or revives various features of extant social organization by selectively recombining them to suit its own purposes.
>>
So sagt man z.B, es sei einem während einer Rede ein unbedachtes Wort entwischt oder man habe nicht gewusst, daß etwas nicht ausgesprochen werden dürfe - man denke an Aischylos und die Mysterien12 - oder man habe nur etwas nur zeigen wollen und es sei einem dabei losgegangen - man denke an den Mann mit der Wurfmaschine13.
>>
>>9560780
Those numbers are footnotes but 4chan can't into superscript numbers.
>>
>

Page 58 is entirely blank in my book.
>>
"The proper manner of conveying the affections of the mind from one to another, is by words; there is a great insufficiency in all other methods of communication; and so far is a clearness of imagery from being absolutely necessary to an influence upon the passions, that they may be considerably operated upon, without presenting any image at all, by certain sounds adapted to that purpose; of which we have a sufficient proof in the acknowledged and powerful effects of instrumental music."

Fuck you, OP, for making me type that out.
>>
>>9559723
Wow great advise, you sure sound like you know what's up, friend
>>
Roamer skyminers could raise or lower the industrial behemoth in order to harvest the densest hydrogen concentrations.
>>
He scanned for any sign of the Matoran or for signs of a trap
>>
However, most research is based on periods lower than 1 second.
>>
File: 1491288840493.jpg (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491288840493.jpg
148KB, 500x500px
"For this reason I use the term figural to identify the conception of reality in late antiquity and the Christian middle ages"

Identify this book if you're a true /lit/izen of the world
>>
File: 1495014640859.jpg (18KB, 307x309px) Image search: [Google]
1495014640859.jpg
18KB, 307x309px
"He had got used to his colleagues - he now knew them so well that even their most subtle hints did not take him unawares; and in the evening they sat together chatting about what went on in the city - of events which by their very distance had become of exaggerated importance."

Giovanni Drogo lived a hard life
>>
This is whater
>>
Is there any lubricant that will reduce this abrasion?
>>
>>9560033
Me ha disgustado muchisimo todo lo que he leìdo de Vargas Llosa tambièn aplica para GGM
>>
>>9559656
Yyrkoon tried to turn away, his shoulders shaking.
>>
His reluctance to delegate never left him.
>>
Nicholas would tell her of the tributes Father had once paid Mother—he’d bring her jewellery, and fur coats, and tickets to the opera.
>>
After almost thirty minutes of pulling at his hair and chewing on the pencil, he began to compose a paragraph.
>>
Fear not: for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
>>
>>9559656
I discovered nothing.
>>
File: 1495923121619388855167.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1495923121619388855167.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>9559656
"With the dawn I descended the tower and looked for wreckage upon the rocks, but what I found was only this: a strange dead bird whose hue was as of the azure sky, and a single shattered spar, of a whiteness greater than that of the wave-tips or of the mountain snow".
>>
>>9559715
Hmm Piketty's Capital maybe?
>>
>>9559729
Stupid mudbloods
>>
>>9559762
Neat, book?
>>
File: 1433481659630.png (36KB, 709x462px) Image search: [Google]
1433481659630.png
36KB, 709x462px
>>9559793
Talmud
>>
Do you think he could?
>>
>>9559656
>He was quite irresistible.
Whew it's not called Romance of the Three Kingdoms for nothing
>>9559728
underrated
>>9559966
extremely underrated
>>
>>9561499
GOAT story
Such a gut-wrenching ending
>>
Io, come al solito, ascoltavo tutto e cercavo di non perdermi una parola dei loro discorsi; pensave anch'io a dove potevo andare ed ero felice all'idea che per un bel po'di tempo non avrei piu' sentito i pianti e le grida di mia madre.
>>
"That's odd," said the general's wife.
>>
"You can re-discover this lost ebony mine, and turn your knowledge into profit, in a Miscellaneous Quest."
>>
"Ah well," Paul Marshall said, patting his pocket.
>>
>>9559981
Molloy
>>
I have, on the contrary, delved deeply into all the antiquities of the place, and have personally explored every region, of whatever name, which could possibly answer to the street I knew as the Rue d'Auseil.
>>
We appreciate them only in their effects.
>>
I got along well with my pupils, their mothers, and my fellow teachers.
>>
Upon my word, Dorian.
>>
The uninspiring nature of the mutual suicide concept may eventually affect the morale and efficiency of our military forces.
>>
File: 20170527_205423.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_205423.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Alex shook his head. "I can't speculate about any of that. All I can do is-"
>>
Rédei's theorem (Theorem 2.3, see inset) tells us that every tournament has a directed Hamiltonian path.
>>
>>9562227
>every tournament has a directed Hamiltonian path
Is this a discourse on tournament arcs in anime?
>>
of the king's household, a carrier of tales,
>>
>It's just an equation...
>>
I hate Annie, fuck her
>>
"Shhh," I whisper, taking out my platinum American Express card.
>>
The trend continues.
>>
I was going to remonstrate; but he silenced me by pouring them into my trousers' pockets.
>>
"If the English tried to overstay their welcome, he could simply withhold their food, and the invasion would implode on its own."
>>
"Sounds unbelievable."
It's a graphic novel. My first one, actually.
>>
>>9559656
Were I to catch her by her strong kicking foot; were I to see her amazed look, hear her awful voice; were I still to go through with the ordeal, her ghost would haunt me all my life.
>>
B cъpцeтo cтигнaт - мигoм
aз щe ce oтpeкa
oт yчeнитe книги,
oт тяcнaтa якa.
>>
In this section, I follow Kittler's procedure of analyzing mathematics as an apparatus of soical management, however different its form may be from one situation to another.
>>
File: chechem4.jpg (6KB, 430x320px) Image search: [Google]
chechem4.jpg
6KB, 430x320px
>>9562655
Fucking lol.
>>
"In rejection of what women have found it given to them to be and to do, Women's Liberation does not proclaim the higher virtue of men, only its aversion to the meaning of adulthood -- for women or men."
>>
File: OL24216987M-M.jpg (14KB, 180x297px) Image search: [Google]
OL24216987M-M.jpg
14KB, 180x297px
Buffoonery is appropriate to The Possessed because the characters are mainly pretenders.
>>
>τὴν ἀλήθειαν περὶ τῶν πολιτῶν ἔλεγον. οὐ γάρ;
>>
>>9559999
>dub quad

based japs
>>
>>9560117
I took this college course this Spring semester. It was pretty fun t b h.

Is this from a Discrete Structures textbook or from an Introduction to Advanced Math textbook?
>>
>>9559656
And these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before there reigned any king over the children of Israel.
>>
And her white Sunday purse lay discarded near the phonograph.
>>
>Fiel a seu método de classificação, F. de Saussure não acreditou dever fazer uma distinção na classe A, malgrado a importância considerável das duas séries K1 e K2 no indo-europeu. Ocorre no caso uma omissão voluntária (Org.)
>>
>>9563152
t. estudante de letras
>>
>>9559656
And her white Sunday purse lay discarded near the phonograph.
>>
>>9559656
Like the vegetables, they contain various salts which are useful in neutralising certain acid substances formed in the body.
>>
>>9563169
Não.
>>
>My heart beat like a drum as she sat down, cool skirt ballooning, subsiding, on the sofa next to me, and played with her glossy fruit.
>>
>>9563247
É UMA DELÍCIA. :D
>>
I must say I feel proud.
>>
At 1st level, you know three cantrips of your choice from the cleric spell list.
>>
File: IMG_20170528_091845.jpg (983KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_091845.jpg
983KB, 2448x2448px
Hm
>>
The priest, still gliding in his ecstasy, indicated the confessional with a distant gesture and reentered his tabernacle, softly closing the door without a word.
>>
>>9563447
>>9563450
Nice.
>>
For each of the seven compounds, make a vector in R6 that lists the number of atoms per molecule of manganese (Mn), sulfur (S), arsenic (As), chromium (Cr), oxygen (O) and hydrogen (H).
>>
>>9559656
>He then ducked behind a car in the middle of the street, sliding a fresh magazine clip into the hilt of his katana.
>>
>>9559656
The man called over the middle-aged bartender and asked him when the police changed their uniforms and pistols.
>>
>>9559656
Therefore, having Italy almost fallen in the hands of the Church and some republic, and being priests the former, and citizens unfamiliar with weapons the latter, they started hiring foreigners.
-N. Machiavelli, Il Principe
(translation by me)
>>
>>9559656
b...but the page is empty
>>
From high good fortune in the blood blossoms the quenchless agony.
>>
>>9559656
The stroke of the sword fell at that instant upon Luigi's shoulder; and although these lascivious men had dressed this wretched youth in coats of armour and other such things, the blow was extremely powerful; and as the sword turned, it struck Pantasilea on the nose and the mouth.
>>
The shock of the terror of death present in the warm flowing blood strikes home directly, not as some painful adjunct, but as the very centre towards which all eyes are directed.
>>
>>9563511
that sounds fucking sick
>>
>>9563511
Please tell me this is Flashbird.
>>
As the semen oozed from my penis I pulled the car behind the coach
>>
File: IMG_7527.jpg (312KB, 1776x1481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7527.jpg
312KB, 1776x1481px
>>9559656
>Going to Morocco was the absolute worst solution for me, and they intended for me to stay there for a long time.
try and guess
>>
>>9563717
Elliot Rodger.
>>
>>9563720
that's right
>>
>>9559656
Men med sitt ansikte hängande ute i nattens mörker under stjärnorna i en outsäglig ödslighet och smärta.
>>
Yes, it's us, the Brothers Karamazov!
>>
>>9563741
I know.
>>
>>9559991
>>9561856
Infinite Meme
>>
Two Pretenders who now arose were Lambert Simnel and Perkin Warbeck, and they succeeded in confusing the issue absolutely by being so similar that some historians suggest they were really the same person (i.e. the Earl of Warbeck).
>>
"But tell thou thy king this: I owe him none homage, ne none of mine elders, but or it be long to, he shall do me homage on both knees, or else he shall lose his head, by faith of my body, for this is the most shamefulest message that I ever heard speak of."

Le Morte D'Arthur
>>
A source at the LAPD and another at the recently formed Producers Guild of America backed up Hy's briefing and filled in a few blanks.
>>
>>9563251
This for me as well.
>>
File: MythopoeticPepe.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
MythopoeticPepe.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>9559656
>"The materialistic hypothesis is much too bold and flies in the face of experience with almost metaphysical presumption."
>>
"So greatly had he suffered, and so far gone was he, that the blows did not hurt much."
>>
She was always late.
>>
This sentence end with a colon leading to this half page long "quote". So here's first sentence:
>James evidently relished this contrast, and on one occasion, with that sardonic humour which was to become his trademark under the second empire, commissioned Feydeau to undertake a speculation on his behalf--in the form of a purchase of a thousand Credit Mobilier shares.
>>
Now that the moment had come he sensed her reluctance to begin, not, he thought, out of embarrassment or regret that she had initiated the encounter, but because what she had to say was important and she needed to find the right words.
>>
"That's enough, you petty bourgeois, of you and your grieving!"
>>
بلدي ربّتني، وهي غائبةٌ كمِرآةٍ مُجَزّأةٍ.
>>
Ob nun diese kurzen, seltenen Glücksstunden das schlimme Los des Steppenwolfes ausglichen und milderten, so dass Glück und Leid sich schliesslich die Waage hielten, oder ob vielleicht sogar das kurze, aber starke Glück jener wenigen Stunden alles Leid aufsog und ein Plus ergab, das ist nun wieder eine Frage, über welche müssige Leute nach belieben brüten mögen.
>>
It remains to learn in what delicate, exquisite region of Being we shall encounter that Being which is its own Nothingness.
>>
Next were the men of Phylake, and those
who held Pyrasos, garden of Demeter,
Iton, maternal town of grazing flocks,
Antron beside the water, and the beds
of meadow grass at Ptelos: all these
we're under Protessilaos' command
when that intrepid fighter lived--
but black earth held him under now, and grieving
at Phylake with lacerated cheeks
his bride was left, his house unfinished there.

>Dumb phoneposter
>>
>>9559656
In the presence of the miracle all fall to their knees, bless the name of God, mourn Niccolò, vow to lay Squamuglia waste.
>>
58 was kinda boring so I tried a different random page (96) and I'm giving you the first 3 instead. Hey I'm a rule breaker.

Deleuze argues that the painter does not stand before an empty canvas and figure out what to paint. He stands before a dense canvas, a canvas filled to the brim with received images, with clichés. The artist’s job, then, is to cut away, destroy, carve this density of images in order to make something new.
>>
>>9564778
The Iliad should be delet
>>
>>9559729
What a dreadful sentence. I haven't read the series since it ended it 2007.
>>
>>9559656
"Small wonder, then, that when children start having piano or clarinet or violin lessons they find themselves - sometimes to their chagrin - spending a lot of time away from their instruments, studying what, in an extremely odd use of the term, is known as 'theory'."
>>
File: 1480355536553.jpg (146KB, 960x758px) Image search: [Google]
1480355536553.jpg
146KB, 960x758px
>>9559656
"One of these features is a special accusative ending for masculine animate nouns:
-a added to nouns ending with a consonant
-я for nouns with the soft endings -ь or -й, which are replaced by the я; notice the -ь or -й are not needed because the [y] sound they represent is contained in the я [ya]."

Truly iconic.
>>
For Milton, Satan was Machiavel, using fraudulent rhetoric and force to manipulate the fallen angels while also attempting to attribute exactly these corrosive tendencies to God.
>>
Human hair beneath the blue-john ruin, the plaits shining like lapping scales.
>>
"In his night-cappe, and with his nekke lene"
>>
"His early life was deceptively mundane: born into a farmer's family in Lincolnshire, he was apprenticed at fifteen to a shopkeeper near his home"
The Norton Anthology of American Literature
>>
If it were true, the enemy would not have a foothold.
>>
"Holy Week would have been less lonely than the earlier weeks of Lent, had the hermits not been, by then, past caring; for some of the Passiontide liturgy was carried outside the abbey walls to touch penitents at their vigil sites; twice the Eucharist came forth, and on Maundy Thursday the abbot himself made the rounds, with Cheroki and thirteen monks, to perform the Mandatum at each hermitage."
>>
>>9564852
I just love idiots who think music theory is useless.
>>
Tis' here.
Hamlet
>>
"Of course if they ran a tramline along the North Circular from the cattle market to the quays value would go up like a shot."
>>
>>9559656
>He was attentive but not in the least curious, and didn’t worry much about where he was going – he just wanted to keep moving
Snufkin but which book huh
>>
Aufidius and Martius exit, separately.
>>
File: trilogy 19.png (136KB, 1803x899px) Image search: [Google]
trilogy 19.png
136KB, 1803x899px
>>9563621
>>9563633
Only because you guessed it.
>>
Tonight she would kiss beneath his eyes, one by one, these sad circles
>>
File: 1487094854749.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1487094854749.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
They walked back through the meadows, slowly getting to know one another.

>>9565785

>mfw
>>
"Oтвeтить нa нeгo мoжнo былo, тoлькo пpoникнyв вглyбь, cквoзь тoлщy льдa."
>>
>>9565774
>women are useless
>he's right, I have to save her!
>>
MUERTE: Ninguna, piensa que yo tambien me gozo con mis honras.

exciting
>>
And you'll never wander into a garden-centre cafe for a spot of lunch and have your modest expectations blown away by the bill.
>>
>>9559656
(b) if p>1, put x_n=p^{1/n}-1.
>>
File: BONALD ZRUMPFT.jpg (70KB, 505x490px) Image search: [Google]
BONALD ZRUMPFT.jpg
70KB, 505x490px
>>9559656

>"They were not stupid, just willing to pay the price of disobedience."
>>
>>9559656
According to Žižek, the passion of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries is the eschatological passion for the Real, the nostalgic passion for that lost or disappearing logic. (Baudrillard, The Spirit of Terrorism)
>>
>>9559656
Some may have deliberately forseken the role they were given, or slipped between cracks of their ossified civilization.
>>
>>9560117
it took 58 pages to define injective function?
>>
>>9561102
and that's how we know that engineers are gay
>>
I missed her keenly for a moment, than snorted a small amount of cocaine of a key, before kissing a freshman and dancing into the bathroom line, where i showed people how easily Audrey`s wrap dress opened and explained how bogus the creative writing department was.
>>
>>9559656
As hollyday in his house so was the priest and king to that: ulvy came, envy saw, ivy conquered, Lou! Lou!
>>
>>9559656
"They had found the lost voice of eighth-century BCE Judah"
>>
"I think it spoils it when they tie their feet together."
>>
We had seen many incredible things since we’d first found a dying Andalite prince in an abandoned construction site.
>>
>>9559656
at first level you know three cantrips of your choice from the clerics spell list
>>
>>9559656
Sie kommt ihm entgegen wie eine hochgeehrte Mutter.
>>
>>9559656
Hur kan det beröra dig på något särskilt sätt?
>>
There also were the english jockeys and their costumes made the mode that all Montmartre followed.
>>
At about the same time, Goethe wrote in a review of a book of poems that their author, a Polish Jew, did "not achieve more than a Christian étudiant en belles lettres," and complained that where he had expected something genuinely new, some force beyond shallow convention, he had found ordinary mediocrity.
>>
>>9559656
In dreams the totality of sensory images is illusory
>>
"I don't think you can help me," he said, "to be of real help a person would have to have connections with higher officials."
>>
>>9559656
I cannot, however, deny, on this negative side which prevented his expressing the beautiful sentiments he felt that there was a certain effect of the “Guermantes spirit” of which so many examples were afforded by Swann.
>>
il s appelait cacambo et aimait fort son maitre, parce que son maitre etait un fort bon homme
>>
File: 7477410300_91e9966d14_b.jpg (87KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
7477410300_91e9966d14_b.jpg
87KB, 768x576px
>>9560626
Everyone is hyped about the new season.
>>
This done by way of preparation, Harpagus wished to inform Cyrus of his purpose; but, as Cyrus lived in Persia and the roads were guarded, there was only one way her could think of the get a message through to him: this was by slitting open a hare, without pulling the fur off, and inserting into its belly a slip of paper on which he had written what he wanted to say.
>>
>>9559776
Vore pornography
>>
Don't upset yourself, and let us talk sensibly while there is still time, whether it be a day or be it an hour... tell me all you know about the will, and above all where it is.
>>
File: 2So4kld.jpg (186KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
2So4kld.jpg
186KB, 1200x675px
>>9564099
I got trapped by the Infinite Meme also, p. 58 is a big long sentence that's part of a one-sentence paragraph that starts at the top of page 57 and ends at the top of page 60. It's all one break-in where G. gags a nuck and Kite finds IJ. Pages 58 and 59, like many two page spreads, form two almost mirrored bricks of text . On the left, gately searches innocently for money; on the right, Kite silently combs a block of text for hints as to when, exactly, this plot-important scene takes place. While M DuPlessis tells Gately in untranslated French what the comb to his safe is, a lady comes to the door with an inexplicable Happy Holidays deal on Non-UV tanning salons and makes a check mark (it isn't the winter holidays and what is a non-UV tanning salon?) Behind a wildly incongruous "impressionistic painting" type line about spectacular autumn foliage is the only real hint as to time. Maybe it's thanksgiving? this book is a fucking trip.
>>
>>9559656
It was in this bleak and bloody period that the old anitcommunist saws of the Cold War began to be displaced by the language of human rights.
>>
And because I have dithered musically for nine lines (and shall venture but one verse and nine lines more in my life), and because John Dowland has set me to much sweet and docile measures, I expect my soul to be redeemed; I expect I shall forever be remembered, and eternally esteemed.

Ive not read much more past this. This book's nuts, but in a beautiful way
>>
"You know, Miss Forester, I get off in a few minutes," he said.
>>
Somehow I sensed this wouldn't be the last time we'd make this trip together.
>>
>>9567365
>third sentence
FUCK I'm tired

It was always my intention, my conceit, to use up, in the town's construction, every toy I possessed: my electric train, of course, the Lincoln Logs, old kindergarten blocks-their deeply incised letters always a problem- the erector set, every lead soldier that would stand (broken ones were sent to the hospital), my impressive array of cars, motorcycles, tanks, and trucks- some with trailers, some transporting gas, some tows, some dumps- and my squadrons of planes, my fleet of ships, my big and little guns, an undersized group of parachute people,(looking as if one should always imagine them high in the sky, hanging from threads), my silversided submarines, along with assorted RR signs, poles bearing flags, prefab houses with faces pasted in their windows, small bones of a dozen variously useful kinds, strips of blue cloth for streams and river, and glass jars for town water towers, or, in a pinch, jails.
>>
>>9559656
"The Dharmapada Sutra says: "To establish ourselves amid perfect emptiness in a single flash is the essence of wisdom.""
>>
>>9559656
"Having been able to escape from the college dormitory I felt rather cynically-this may have been my own bias-that I was in a rather special position."
>>
>Do not be perturbed, for all things are according to the nature of the universal; and in a little time you will be nobody and nowhere, like Hadrian and Augustus.
>>
>>9559656
You have healed my Lise, healed her completely, merely by praying over her last thursday and laying your hands upon her.
>>
>>9567397
What's this from?
>>
>>9567409
Meditations
>>
File: ScreenShot20170412at1.50.15pm.png (552KB, 545x640px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot20170412at1.50.15pm.png
552KB, 545x640px
Through blackberry brakes that tried to pluck me back, though I but strained towards fruitless growths of mountain-laurel; up slippery steeps to barren heights, where stood none to welcome.
>>
>>9559656
Leaning out my dorm window, dropping them on the heads of the boys below.
>>
>>9567407
Dostoevsky?
>>
>>9567351
>>9564099
I am glad David decided to kill himself, what a fucking faggot
>>
>>9567416
Oh, I have that and started it but didn't get very far. I suppose I should continue.
>>
>HEE HEE HEE HEE!
>>
A ferriswheel stood against the sky like a gaudy bracelet and little hawkwinged goatsuckers shuttled among the upflung strobes of light with gape mouths and weird cries.
>>
I use the word "state": it goes without saying who is meant by this - some pack of blond beasts of prey, a race of conquerors and lords, which, organized in a warlike manner and with the power to organize, unhesitatingly lays its terrible paws on a population enormously superior in number perhaps, but still formless, still roaming about.
>>
>>9559656
Of course, you don't have to play golf to have a satisfying career.
>>
>>9559656
The introduction of the chorus, says Schiller, is the decisive step by which war is declared openly and honorably against all naturalism in art.
>>
File: IMG_0360.jpg (152KB, 720x1230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0360.jpg
152KB, 720x1230px
>And if it rains, a closed car at four.
>>
It seems likely that we shall, only then, when we are dead, attain that which we desire and of which we claim to be lovers, namely, wisdom, as our argument shows, not while we live; for if it is impossible to attain any pure knowledge with the body, then one of two things is true: either we can never attain knowledge or we can do so after death.

long time between full stops
>>
>>9559656
"What's your idea, Bubbles?" the professor asked.
>>
>"Could you stop talking about Nuremberg for one fucking second?"
>>
"Evil is a thing that lies only in the hearts and minds of men- and of Gods, also."
>>
>>9559656
"She stands next to me looking down at it."
You can tell it's translated huh?
>>
>>9559837
That's Czech isn't it? What's the book?
>>
>>9559886
>5.56mm
>>
>>9559656
The best example would be tying IFM arrangements or WB loans to implementation of institutional changes and passing legislation.
>>
And the bound, wheezing, acetate-clad Canadian - the right-hand man to probably the most infamous anti-O.N.A.N. organizer north of the Great Concavity, the lieutenant and trouble-shooting trusted advisor who selflessly volunteered to move with his family to the savagely American area of metro Boston to act as liaison between and general leash-holder for the half-dozen or so malevolent and mutually antagonistic groups of Quebecer Separatists and Albertan ultra-rightists united only in their fanatical conviction that the U.S.A.’s Experialistic ‘gift’ or ‘return’ of the so-calledly ‘Reconfigured’ Great Convexity to its northern neighbor and O.N.A.N. ally constituted an intolerable blow to Canadian sovereignty, 1/2
>>
2/2 honor, and hygiene - this homeowner, unquestionably a V.I.P., although admittedly rather a covert V.I.P., or probably more accurately a ‘P.I.T.,’(19) in French, this meek-looking Canadian-terrorism-coordinator - bound to his chair, thoroughly gagged, sitting there, alone, under cold fluorescent kitchen lights(20) the rhinovirally afflicted man, gagged with skill and quality materials - the guy, having worked so hard to partially clear one clotted nasal passage that he tore intercostal ligaments in his ribs, soon found even that pinprick of air blocked off by mucus’s implacable lava-like flow once again, and so has to tear more ligaments trying to breach the other nostril, and so on; and after an hour of struggle and flames in his chest and blood on his lips and the white kitchen towel from trying frantically to tongue the towel out past the tape, which is quality, and after hopes skyrocketing when the doorbell rings and then hopes blackly dashed when the person at the door, a young woman with a clipboard and chewing gum who’s offering promotional coupons good for Happy Holidays discounts on memberships of six months or more at a string of Boston non-UV tanning salons, shrugs in her parka and makes a mark on the clipboard and blithely retreats down the long driveway to the pseudo-rural road, an hour of this or more, finally the Quebecois P.I.T., after unspeakable agony - slow suffocation, mucoidal or no, being no day at the Montreal Tulip-Fest - at the height of which agony, hearing his head’s pulse as receding thunder and watching his vision’s circle shrink as a red aperture around his sight rotates steadily in from the edges, at the height of which he could think only, despite the pain and panic, of what a truly dumb and silly way this was, after all this time, to die, a thought which the towel and tape denied expression via the rueful grin with which the best men meet the dumbest ends - this Guillaume DuPlessis passed bluely from his life, and sat there, in the kitchen chair, 250 clicks due east of some really spectacular autumn foliage, for almost two nights and two days, his posture getting more and more military as rigor mortis set in, with his bare feet looking like purple loaves of bread, from the lividity; and when Brookline’s Finest were finally summoned and got him unbound from the coldly lit chair, they had to carry him out as if he were still seated, so militarily comme-il-faut had his limbs and spine hardened.
>>
File: codreanu.png (109KB, 236x336px) Image search: [Google]
codreanu.png
109KB, 236x336px
>Every Jew, merchant, intellectual or banker-capitalist in his radius of activity, was an agent of these anti-Romanian revolutionary ideas.
>>
while urban and national policies may matter, they do not matter for much
>>
>>9559656
Are numbers really as free as birds?
>>
Detta är en förklaring till att spanjorer, portugiser, italienare och till och med kolombianer också kan vara patriotiska skinnskallar, trots att de borde betraktas som >>svartskallar<< enligt ett äldre sätt att se på saken.
>>
>>9567843
Pretty sure it's Polish
>>
"[...] Well, now, after such a confession from you, I believe that you are sincere and good at heart."

TBK was on the floor next to my bed. Been itching to reread it.
>>
That is their 'update' of 'existence is not a predicate': It makes no sense. they say, as a 'term-operator' either.
>>
They waded a little way in the water and, stooping, soused their bags, and, lifting them again, waded out.

Anyone recognise it? It's an easy one.
>>
>>9559656
「いつの時代のヒトだよ、お前は」と高木くんが笑う。
I'm surprised to see another person in this thread whose nearest book was in Japanese.
>>
"In the market there isn't an ox,"

It's from an Imagist Poetry anthology.
>>
>>9559656
"There's no hanky-panky going on!" Hester said angrily.

Next sentence bonus:
"Whoa!" Simon yelled. "Watch out for /Hester the Molester/!"

Book: A Prayer for Owen Meany
>>
File: 1487280568068.jpg (41KB, 506x316px) Image search: [Google]
1487280568068.jpg
41KB, 506x316px
"Yet with Nero's death, the system of recent accessions, by which proximity of relationship to the previous emperor had been the deciding factor, was clearly impossible."
>>
"I have thoroughly tried school-keeping, and found that my expenses were in proportion, or rather out of proportion, to my income, for I was obliged to dress and train, not to say think and believe, accordingly, and I lost my time into the bargain."
>>
outside of the tank
>>
>>9559656
All niggers must die
>>
>>9561815
Catch 22?
>>9561828
Game book?
>>9562655
What book?
>>9563239
Salt by Mark?
>>
>>9559656
They say that men who have seen the world, thereby become quite at ease in manner,quite self possessed in company.
>>
>>9559656
"A legion was on its knees."
>>
File: SzS.jpg (165KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SzS.jpg
165KB, 750x750px
>>9560047
>>
>I’m sure your father feels perfectly justified telling you to take your underwear down, making you lie across his lap to be beaten with his belt; yet if he were to discover that anyone asked you to take down your pants, for the purposes of letting you know how beautiful you are, or to give you pleasure and joy, your father would probably kill that person.

Well, this is getting interesting already.
>>
>>9565947
That was actually Carl von Clausewitz's On War.
>>
>>9559656
>It is not in me to grudge a friend's pleasures.

meh
>>
"The role of the Holy Spirit was taken by National-Christian Socialism."
(translation)
>>
And whan Garnyssh beheld hir so leng, for pure sorou his mouth and nose brast oute on bledynge-and with his swerd he smote of bothe their hedes; and thenne he maade sorowe oute of mesure, and sayd "O, Balyn moch sorow hast thow brought unto me, for haddest thow not shewed that syght I shold have passed my sorow."
>>
File: IMG_8257.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8257.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>9567433
Yeah, The Brothers Karamazov
>>
>>9567843
it's polish bruv

notice the " ł ", I think no other language have it
>>
- Z jakim przekonaniem pan to mówi! Dobrze. Pankrat!
>>
>>9559656
The savages had moved to higher ground and he could see the light from their fires and hear them singing, a strange and plaintive chanting up there where they'd gone to roast mules.
>>
File: 1456514883561.png (138KB, 566x528px) Image search: [Google]
1456514883561.png
138KB, 566x528px
>>9562802
>τὴν ἀλήθειαν περὶ τῶν πολιτῶν ἔλεγον. οὐ γάρ;

The Republic?

Also, I'm pretty sure it says "I spoke the truth about the city, didn't I?"
>>
But today it was quite different, and when I peeked in at my grandmother at one side of the ell, she was crying and crying between her own peeks at the mourners out the other side.
>>
What our age thinks of as the "shadow" and inferior part of the psyche contains more than something merely negative.
>>
>>9559656
Beneath each hook was a strip of Mystik tape, each strip lettered in Stan's small, neat printing: GARAGE, ATTIC, D'STAIRS, BATH, UPSTAIRS BATH, FRONT DOOR, BACK DOOR.
>>
This means that dharma can be adapted to particular situations and particular applications of it were decided by a local assembly of learned men; as Wendy Doniger has observed, dharma is 'context sensitive'.
>>
>To his aristocratic "virtue" (Plato's ancient readers would know what that ultimately came to) he adds an admiration for ideas on the subject he has learned from the rhetorician Gorgias (about whom we learn more in the dialogue named after him).
>>
Page 58
Third sentence

It is the avowed goal of many individuals and social movements.
>>
>>9559656
Of course if they ran a tramline along the North Circular from the cattle market to the quays value would go up like a shot.
>>
I den åldern är begäret sig likt, ungefär som förr — men tillfredsställelsen hämnar sig.
>>
>It was, after all, on Railton Road in Brixton in 1972 that Olive Morris and Liz Turnbell, members of the British Black Panthers Movement, squatted an empty flat.
>>
>>9559656
Nearest book: a world atlas

Page 58 is most of Bolivia, with bits of Peru, Chile, and Brazil.
>>
By fortunate chance, while every moment added doubt to doubt, a peasant met us, from whose mouth we learned that to the spot which had perplexed us first we must descend, and there should find the road, which in the stony channel of the meme lay a few steps, and then along its banks; and, that our future course, all plain to sight, was downwards, with the current of that stream.
>>
File: intelligent.jpg (96KB, 1024x939px) Image search: [Google]
intelligent.jpg
96KB, 1024x939px
If your IQ went from 85 to 140 after reading this book, by what percent did your IQ change?
>>
>when she died Dionysus took a crown he had given her and placed it among the stars
>>
>>9559656
"Papa! Mamma! May I see to it? May I? ..." asked Natasha.
>>
"I was reluctant because getting help from my father somehow felt like cheating, but as someone who grew up in a family mired in debt, attending to money matters is a must."
>>
Were I to catch her by her strong kicking foot; were I to see her amazed look, hear her awful voice; were I still to go through with the ordeal, her ghost would haunt me all my life
>>
The roots of the plant hold the plant in the ground.
>>
"OP's a faggot"
>>
>>9559656

Then, abruptly, it ended, and with a choked muttering in his throat he lurched up from the bed and left the room.
>>
Es una especie de fondue típica del cantón de Valais que se prepara con el queso del lugar fundiéndolo y se acompaña con patatas con su piel y otros ingredientes variados.
>>
>>9567843
Sorry for delay, but it is in Polish and it is Crime and Punishment by Dosto
>>
With fierce disease and lust, unable to stem the fires of Orc;
>>
>>9561521
Foucault's pendulum
>>
>>9559656
So Miss Rosa did not see any of them, who had never seen (and was never to see alive) Charles Bon at all; Charles Bon of New Orleans, Henry's friend who was not only some few years older than Henry but actually a little old to be still in college and certainly a little out of place in that one where he was - a small new college in the Mississippi hinterland and even wilderness, three hundred miles from that worldly and foreign city which was his home - a young man of a worldly elegance and assurance beyond his years, handsome, apparently wealthy and with for background the shadowy figure of a legal guardian rather than any parents - a personage who in the remote Mississippi of that time must have appeared almost phoenix-like, fullsprung from no childhood, born of no woman and impervious to time, and vanished, leaving no bones nor dust anywhere - a man with an ease of manner and a swaggering gallant air in comparison with which Sutpen's pompous arrogance was clumsy bluff and Henry actually a hobble-de-hoy.
>>
To think in such terms, the Romans would need to encounter Greek
>>
Ivan was so struck by the cat's behaviour that he froze motionless by the grocery store on the corner, and here he was struck for a second time, but much more strongly, by the conductress's behaviour.
>>
Ma chere, il y a un temps pour tout!
>>
>>9559656
A father far from home means difficulty
for an only son, with no one else to help him;
so with Telémakhos:
his father left the house without defenders.
>>
Bruken av 2. hovedsetning, også kalt entropiloven, knyttes gjerne til begrepet entropi.
>>
>>9560836
thanks, i try
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.