[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this book ? I like it so far. it help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

What do you think about this book ?
I like it so far. it help me destroy my ego and calm down
some part of his teaching sound like buddhism but different or even I can say it's better
>>
>>9559327
I read it 20+ years ago as a teenager. I am a white hispanic living in Texas. It seemed to be mostly whoooooaaaa mannnnn far ooooout drug trips marketed to Americans who have had no contact with Mesoamerican culture.
>>
i'm not reading a book with 'don juan' in the title
>>
>>9559327
Castaneda tried to be the latin Hesse and both suck.

>>9559652
>white hispanic
so, you are some kind of nordic mexican?
>>
>>9559681
German. Texas was settled by Germans and Scandanavians in the 1800s. Read Fehrenbach's Lone Star.
>>
>>9559327
He's a hack and liar. So much so that if you mention his name in the anthro department at UCLA everyone turns and walks the other way.
>>
>>9560676
He has some neat books about Spanish faes. He is an /x/ dude.
>>
File: 7pAEAUz.jpg (376KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
7pAEAUz.jpg
376KB, 640x1136px
>>9559327
Made a great disservice to the credibility of psychedelic studies, though he's far from being the only one tho

His prose is bretty good, but the drug parts are mostly ayy lmao tier as others have said
>>
>>9559665
Would you listen to an opera with 'don juan' in the title?
>>
>>9559327
Screw him. He has embarassed even dharma followers and totally unrelated people
>>
"Second Harvest" was the best chapter in Lone Star.
>>
All I see ITT is people attacking the author's character and representations of cultural practices. Did you guys miss Castenada writing himself as the most laughable strawman of a character ever? He is so clueless, the small truths he encounters are emphatically more obvious to the reader. You don't have to give two shits about a(nthro)pology or psychedelics to appreciate some of the ideas and concepts introduced in the book. That's the core of all the Don Juan series. If you can't jive with those ideas, don't read the books. Anyone trying to attack Castaneda's abilities has already been beaten to the punch by Castenada himself.
>>
File: don-juan-matus.jpg (47KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
don-juan-matus.jpg
47KB, 500x400px
>>9560676
what make you think he is liar ???
>>9562736
pretty much this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.