[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Behold! I show you The Ultimate Man. "What is love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche.jpg (51KB, 350x645px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
51KB, 350x645px
>Behold! I show you The Ultimate Man. "What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" – asks the Ultimate Man and blinks. The earth has then become small and on it there hops the Ultimate Man who makes everything small. His race is as ineradicable as the flea; the Ultimate Man lives longest. "We have discovered happiness"— say the Ultimate Men and blink. They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loves one’s neighbour and rubs again him; for one needs warmth. Sickness and mistrust they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbles over stones or over men! A little poison now and then: that makes for pleasant dreams. And a lot of poison at the end for a pleasant death. One still works for work is a pastime. But they take care that this pastime does not weary them. No-one becomes poor or rich anymore; both are too wearying. Who still wants to rule? Who still wants to obey? Both are too much of a burden. No herdsman and one herd! Everyone wants the same, everyone is the same: whoever thinks otherwise goes voluntarily into the madhouse. "Before, the whole world was mad"— say the cleverest amongst them and blink. They are clever and know all that has ever happened: so there is no end to their mockery. People still quarrel, but are soon reconciled— otherwise indigestion would result. They have their little pleasures for the day and their little pleasures for the night: but they respect health. "We have discovered happiness "— say the Ultimate Men and blink.

Why aren't you Ultimate, /lit/?
>>
>>9555517
/lit/ is ultimate. That's why it's so shit.
>>
>>9555517
u srs?
>>
>>9555706
Yes. Look at Nietzsche's description, wouldn't you want to live like that? Happy, healthy, long lives, ineradicable and strong?
>>
>>9555517
because other people still carte about shit and blow things up and start wars

otherwise being the last man would be rly comfy
>>
>>9555517
That's the last man. Is this a mistranslation or cheeky?
>>
>>9555907
last and ultimate are synonymous
>>
>>9555922
I'm not an English native speaker but I doubt that they don't carry different implications. Literally translated back to German they mean very different things in this context.
>>
>>9555982
Not him but yeah - they do have the same meaning; they do have different connotations.
>>9555870
I hope you realise Nietzsche is pretty contemptuous of the last man (and rightly). Also, the last man is everywhere these days
>>
>>9556186
nietzsche is often wrong though
>>
>>9555517
why was he so clever /lit/?
>>
>>9556688
why did you get such good digits?
>>
>>9556186
Would you say the implications are important in this case? Would you agree that for example the "ultimate weapon" is a desirable thing to obtain, something that is superior to all other weapons, a bit of a Über weapon you might even say. Whereas the "last weapon" does not directly carry any of these implications and could be a quite rubbish and undesirable thing?
I should also mention that there is a literal translation of ultimate in German so if Nietzsche had wanted to use it with all its implications he would have done so. It's a trash translation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.