[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there books that come close to the atmosphere of Don Quixote?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: david-face-760x985.jpg (122KB, 760x985px) Image search: [Google]
david-face-760x985.jpg
122KB, 760x985px
Are there books that come close to the atmosphere of Don Quixote?

Not bait or anything. It was just a cute book and resonated with me. Only other book that felt so warm to read was Moby Dick
>>
>>9554330
Chinese novels like Water Margin can be pretty comfy too.
>>
>>9554330
This >>9554434 also Tristram Shandy.
>>
>>9554330
Guilvers travels
>>
Gargantua and Pantagruel
The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy
The Life and Opinions of the Tomcat Murr
>>
>>9554330
I would add Independent People by Halldor Laxness and A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.
>>
>>9554330
Jules vern.
>>
File: 1492450532967.jpg (39KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
1492450532967.jpg
39KB, 480x348px
>>9554330
Tirant lo Blanc was a big influence on Cervantes, but of course much of Don Quixote is mocking the genre. I read it as an unintentional comedy and enjoyed it that way.
>>
Dubliners
>>
Tom Jones. Gil Blas.
>>
>>9554434
>Chinese novels
How well do the proses translate tho? I've tried reading a japanese novel once and the whole thing felt off
>>
>>9554330
Le Chevalier Errant by Tommaso III di Saluzzo.
But you have to know French or Italian if you want to read it.
>>
>>9554330
Huck Finn.
>>
>>9558747
Not as fluid as a European language, but it's okay, unlike Chinese poetry that's impossible to translate.
>>
>>9558747
Awfully, but that shouldn't stop you. Even if it's like staring at the back of a tapestry, it's still a fucking good tapestry.
>>9559800
Classical prose really isn't much easier than poetry.
>>
>>9554330
This is what I find in DeLillo's novels.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.